• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation Sunday!

Fizzpot

Hi everyone, I have a consultation with the hospital group on Sunday, withDr super and have booked ready for the 11th. Ive always been a big girl when I was younger I was 19 stone at 14, I then lost 5 stone with weight watchers , put lots back on, joined slimming world lost a stone , put it back on I'm around 18.7 stone again now. I'm a little scared as it seems to good to be true that I'm actually going to have it done. I read about a lady who had the same BMi as me and she died. I want this so much can anyone tell me if they felt the same before their op scared..x:eek:

I'm having a sleeve in a couple of months and I'm petrified. I dont want to leave my son, I want to see him all grown up and settled and happy before anything happens to me. But I know I cant lose the weight on my own and am worried about all the problems I will have if I dont have the op. I guess we just have to be brave. Good luck hun xxx

That's the same I have a little boy who's not even two yet , it's hard cos I'm so miserable and know it will be better for all of us if I'm healthier and active but if it all goes wrong he will never know who I was :S but it's one in 2000 that may have probs, I'm sure we'll both be fine. Glad I'm not the only one scared, good luck for your surgery xx

If we are honest the majority of us had these thoughts at some point. I'm a single parent of 2 girls...made them a list of what to do re insurances etc and left it on my desk at home..just in case! But arriving home the next day it went in the bin, and they were non the wiser. Look forward to the end result and start to get excited at your new life that lies ahead :)

Thanks Jo. I discussed it with my GP yesterday and she said that as I have no comorbities it should be a walk in the park for the surgeons to do a sleeve on me!

I had my sleeve on 25 Feb, 3 weeks post op today. I was terrified as never had an operation or been in hospital before. I was a complete baby when it came to pin & almost had to have an anaesthetic if I broke a nail.
I even wrote a will & got my affairs in order before the op.
Off course there are risks & the team go through all this with you but honestly I am so pleased with my op. it was relatively easy for me & was in for 3 days.
My surgeon explained that the very high risk patients who may have complications & sadly fatality usually have very complicated medical conditions & it is this that causes issues not the actual operation. They will not proceed if the risk is to great.
In addition I would advise that you do everything the team tell you. I also tried to get myself into the best condition I could despite my weight. I took echinacea to improve my immune system, arnica tablets to help healing & bruising. Gentle walking to improve my fitness. Good luck with you op.

There are very few people who aren't scared when they go in for an operatio especially a life changing one like we have had or embarking on. Its difficult when we have children at home and hubands, wives, partners. Your worst fer is never seeing you loved ones growing up, my daughter was 24 when i went in to have my bypass August 2011 my son was 22, my daughter couldn't even look at me on the morning before i went in she thought she was going to burst out in tears and knew it would upset me, my husband suported me but still had reservations and my son thought i shoudn't have it but away i went and here i am luckily reasonably fit and well and a lot lighter and happier with myself. Told everyone i loved them should i not get back home it does sound silly but women like to put these things in place. I am not brave and never have been but was so sick of all this weight i couldn't shift i had to do it, i had to talk to myself and be honest look in the moirror and see what is really there. xx We are still the same inside my main fear was that i mite change as i have seen a lot of people change when they loose weight and not for the better but hey no ones perfect just go for it xx

Thanks Chrisa, I'm so glad I found this site , everyone is so supportive, everyone knows how we all feel which is great!! It's my new Facebook I'm always on here now nosing! Thank you everyone x

Back