• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should I or shouldn't I !?

kadiSanders

I'm 210lbs and have a bmi of 36, I am 15 nad over the last 5 years have really tried my hardest to lose weight, I have tried slimming world, I lost a stone on that then put it all back on! I tried weight watchers and lost 2lbs in 2months, I've tried completely changing my life style and that hasn't worked either, haven't eaten chips, or drunk fizzy drinks in nearly a month, I walk for 40 minutes everyday now and still haven't lost any weight, also tried hydra slim which didn't really work for me with the actual weight lose, I have been considering a gastric band for a couple of years and I was just wondering if you think it would be the right choice for me Xx

kadiSanders said:
I'm 210lbs and have a bmi of 36, I am 15 nad over the last 5 years have really tried my hardest to lose weight, I have tried slimming world, I lost a stone on that then put it all back on! I tried weight watchers and lost 2lbs in 2months, I've tried completely changing my life style and that hasn't worked either, haven't eaten chips, or drunk fizzy drinks in nearly a month, I walk for 40 minutes everyday now and still haven't lost any weight, also tried hydra slim which didn't really work for me with the actual weight lose, I have been considering a gastric band for a couple of years and I was just wondering if you think it would be the right choice for me Xx

Hi.... I tried everything, like u, but unfortunately my will power leaves a lot to be desired. Lol.. You sound as if your on the right track with heathy eating and exercise.. Do your research with surgery, You need to make your own choice and do what you think is best.. I had a gastric wrap 5 weeks ago and I'm doing really well and im happy with my choice.. My BMi was on the low side like you too... I only ave 3 more stone to lose and I know with my wrap I will get there, without it no chance.

Good luck with whatever u decide xx

Id try and keep to the diets for now and get everything recorded as at 15 it will be extremely difficult to get it especially on NHS then as soon as you turn 18 go for the funding armed with all the evidence of attempt of weight loss. Ive been big since age 10 and now at 33 i have only just met the criteria to be accepted for funding. I have tried quite a few diets over the years and on the last one i gained rather than lost even though i cut lots of foods and sugars out x

Same, my biggest weakness is chocolate! I have a big family and they all eat chocolate and leave it in the cupboards and whenever i try talk to them to help me they say I should be able to resist! It makes it hard when it's the only thing in the house!!! Grrr! What is a gastric wrap? And Sam, I will keep dieting and hope for a miracle! X

Id try and keep to the diets for now and get everything recorded as at 15

Didn't record the age, sorry... Yeah hun at 15 your body is still changing, just enjoy yourself and keep exercising xx

I would speak to your gp and ask for a weight management referal.At such a young age you would be unlikely to qualify for surgery and your bmi is also below most recommendations for surgery also.Best of luck,it really is a matter of pinpointing your weakness' and altering your lifestyle.A team at the hospital could really help you.Maz

kadiSanders said:
Same, my biggest weakness is chocolate! I have a big family and they all eat chocolate and leave it in the cupboards and whenever i try talk to them to help me they say I should be able to resist! It makes it hard when it's the only thing in the house!!! Grrr! What is a gastric wrap? And Sam, I will keep dieting and hope for a miracle! X

Yes I love chocolate too... :) but my whole attitude has changed now as I want to be healthy.. Be honest with ur family tell them it's making things difficult for you having temptation about the house.. Ask them if they will support u losing weight..

A wrap is where the stomach pouch is turned in on itself to make a smaller stomach.. So it reduces the amount I can eat

I was big when I was 15 but I thinned out 18/19.. I'm sure with ur right attitude now u can make a difference so surgery won't have to be an option... Xx

Have you asked your family for some help? IE for your mum not to buy chocolate etc in? You can't do this alone, whatever age you are - you need help and support from the people around you.

I am so sorry to hear that. Would the others in the house be willing to support you?

My sisters are very supportive and and helpme with excessive,we go gym once a week and we r going to start swimming aswell x

Hi Hun. I've had a band but my 14yr old daughter chose to work hard n see what she could do as I came out if hospital. She's done any crash diets just chose to swap poor foods for healthier ones and to up her activities. As a result she's lost 2.5stone in the last 6months which is fab!

It will be hard trying to do this if there's bad stuff in the house....my daughters only get weight watchers cakes and so on now which means we eliminate the damage

I'd really discourage you at this stage from having an op as with that bmi you could turn it around. If you want help then feel free to inbox me, I'd be more than happy to help you on your way x

I'm really impressed with your attitude to your weight. At your age I was very much in denial, and locked into a starve/binge pattern. I agree, you should go to your GP and ask to be referred to a weight management program, I found mine to be amazing. They give you the opportunity to explore your reasons for gaining in the first place, then offer practical support to tackle your issues - mine even has an exercise program they can refer you to.

From the things you say, if you get the proper support, I am sure that you can get a grip on your weight without surgery. It is a radical step, and really is a last hope for most of us.

I have doctors Tommorow and I'm going to see what they say about it, thank you for all your advise, it is lovely to finally have people who have gone or who are going through weight loss x

I don't know where you live, but in my area you need to be at least 18 before they'll even consider you for WLS, and have a much higher BMI
Lots of luck
Em xxxx

Just been to the doctors and I have got a blood test on Monday to see if they can do anything and also have apointment with the diet person to hopefully help me xx

Back