• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Corned beef

jules2

Good afternoon ladies and gents

I tried cod in sauce again last night but it gave me mad hiccups and burpies so gave it a miss and just had the mash instead. Tonight I'm going to try some warm corned beef mashed up with a little gravy with a side of... yes that's right, mash sweet potato. :D

My question is how much is a 'normal' post surgery portion of corned beef? Before the op, I'd have happily stuffed in a whole 340g tin and still wanted more but as I'm eating like a skinny person would now I'd like to restrict myself to a sensible portion. So how many grams or ounces would you wise and experienced folk suggest I have?

Going to try the cod again next weekend.

Many thanks in advance lovelies. :hugs:

Bling Babe

I just checked my journal and on day 31 post-op I ate 100g corned beef but we are all different, I will say one of my “full” signals is “throat noises” and burps so that could be why you got that with last nights fish, how much of it had you eaten?
I absolutely love slightly warmed corned beef with cheese Mmmmm.....Eatlean protein cheese is fantastic imo
Good luck xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with @Bling Babe 100g was my guideline post op, although I'm sleeved, it was the same advice for bypass too.

It took me a while to get to that point though but adding gravy should make it easier to eat.

Just go slowly and remember the 20 20 20 guidelines.

I now want some corned beef by the way....:D

Alexandra Nevermind

Good afternoon ladies and gents

I tried cod in sauce again last night but it gave me mad hiccups and burpies so gave it a miss and just had the mash instead. Tonight I'm going to try some warm corned beef mashed up with a little gravy with a side of... yes that's right, mash sweet potato. :D

My question is how much is a 'normal' post surgery portion of corned beef? Before the op, I'd have happily stuffed in a whole 340g tin and still wanted more but as I'm eating like a skinny person would now I'd like to restrict myself to a sensible portion. So how many grams or ounces would you wise and experienced folk suggest I have?

Going to try the cod again next weekend.

Many thanks in advance lovelies. :hugs:
I am sure you've worked this out by now, and things have moved on, so you don't need advice anymore! I am way behind on catch-up here, but really sending you and other new newbies lots of good vibes.
PS. At this point I was doing cups, not grams, so I dunno - but for most of the first 2-3 months I could barely do half a cup, have now [five months out, wow!] graduated to a cup. [got pretty little measuring cups!]

jules2

Awww, thank you Alexandra. I've got things more under control now and am less nervy about stuff thank you. I'm eating corned beef quite a bit still - it goes down very easily and is a good way of making up protein if I've had a calorie light day. Only a hundred grams or so - it's quite calorific but is tasty and satisfying. Measuring in cups does make perfect sense as our pouches are all about volumetric capacity of course but I'm weighing everything that I eat so I can calorie count too - can't rely on my brain telling me I've eaten enough as the stomach-brain satiety delay is still too long despite straining to 'hear it'.

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to use your signature weight information and goals in my sig - I find seeing other people's info interesting and also need to see my own figures more often to make it 'real' in my head. I think you've had such a fab idea in doing that. Congrats on the 230s btw - super exciting - that purple dress is beckoning! :hugs:

Alexandra Nevermind

Awww, thank you Alexandra. I've got things more under control now and am less nervy about stuff thank you. I'm eating corned beef quite a bit still - it goes down very easily and is a good way of making up protein if I've had a calorie light day. Only a hundred grams or so - it's quite calorific but is tasty and satisfying. Measuring in cups does make perfect sense as our pouches are all about volumetric capacity of course but I'm weighing everything that I eat so I can calorie count too - can't rely on my brain telling me I've eaten enough as the stomach-brain satiety delay is still too long despite straining to 'hear it'.

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to use your signature weight information and goals in my sig - I find seeing other people's info interesting and also need to see my own figures more often to make it 'real' in my head. I think you've had such a fab idea in doing that. Congrats on the 230s btw - super exciting - that purple dress is beckoning! :hugs:
The purple dress FITS!!!
I don't count calories. Bounces me deeeeeep back into distress and my eating disorder.
We all have to do this our way.
Viva le corned beef!!