• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

darlington hospital

loz31uk

anyone had surgery there

You lucky going to Darlington I live in Willington and I had to goto Sunderland Royal for my op hope eventually to maybe get my check ups there if they will allow it eventually. I don'tthink they have been doing very long have they and I think they were also going to start doing it at University hospital in Durham would be even easier for me that. good luck though xx

hi thanks for your replies xx

im in with sunderland hospital at mo got balloon in due to be taken out end of june and was hoping to be transferred to darlington as the mate that took me for balloon and brought me home has got rid of car so got no other way of getting home after bypass surgery as i live in newton aycliffe so just wanted to know want the surgeons r like in darlo and if were experienced xxxx

thanks chrisa x

hi genevive57 thanks thats really helpful do you know how long from seminar to op there just ive been told i would have to start again if transferred hospitals it would be so muck easier going darlington x

Because the service is new in Darlington there isn't such a big waiting list. They told me about 3 months if ya have managed to lose some weight first. I'm due to have mine in June. I'm really scarred at the moment that I'm doing the right thing but deep down I know the answers.seem that these feeling are only natural I hope Xx

hi bubbbles i know what you mean im scared but i know it is the right thing for me so im sure you will be fine hun xx

Hi
I HAD MY SURGERY in sunderland it has taken nearly 2 yrs to get my surgery, i would have loved it closer to home i live in redcar, please dont have any doubts about the surgery i am 7 weeks post op and have lost 37lbs i am so happy i now feel my life is begining and now dont wake up every morning thinking am i on my diet today. I am eating a normal diet having what i want but obviously small amounts but now do not crave the fatty horrible food i did before.
Good Luck x

hi atlast well done on your weightloss what op did you have hun xx

Hi Los, just found this post as I'm new to this lol. I'm having my surgery in Darlington in August. Team are lovely. Had my band out by them 2 weeks ago, I would have been looking at over a year to have surgery with Sunderland but only waited 3 months. Let me know how u are take care x

Hi I live in boro and am going to Sunderland. I have tried to get tranferred to James Cook / Darlo however I would have to go back to the start and may not then get funding approved! I have tried everything but I should now have only 8months to go, 2 months towards a gastro check and then on 6 months waiting list. Its been ages but hopefully on the last stretch. Best of luck with Darlo!

Thanks borogirl. Time will fly and before you know it it will be the day of your surgery! Best of luck xxx

ive decided to stay at sunderland im getting my sleeve done on the 28th of sept cant wait good luck to you all on your surgery xx

And to you loz x

Hi, Loz. I had my sleeve done at SRH 3 weeks ago. They're lovely on the ward and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Good luck!

thanks dimond :)

thanks ceejay well done with sleeve can i just ask how much have you lost since having it done and how long was you in SRH xx

thanks dimond :)

thanks ceejay well done with sleeve can i just ask how much have you lost since having it done and how long was you in SRH xx

I've lost 13lbs in 3 weeks and I was admitted Friday for op Saturday afternoon and home Tuesday.
Any questions, feel free to ask. x

Hi My husband went to darlington and they were very good with him, but just realised the date of this thread so i am guessing you have already had the surgery, let me know what you thought if you see this because I am just about to see the doctor about going in.
@Chrisa I live in sunnybrow too.

Back