• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

los in it

You naughty boy marcusbm, your heading for a cyber slap!

marcusbm

Well you know of swine flu, avian flu and human flu... Sheep flu needs a special vaccination

mouse57

That was my thinking but I thought I heard last year just before I went for surgery that I shouldn't have the jab, but I can't remember if it was on here or the dieticians who had advised against it. Will book myself in for my freebie.

emma-louise

my new life!!
That was my thinking but I thought I heard last year just before I went for surgery that I shouldn't have the jab, but I can't remember if it was on here or the dieticians who had advised against it. Will book myself in for my freebie.

Mouse..I've asked my GP if I should have the flu jab due to me being a bypass person...they said if wasn't more vulnerable and there's no need...even though I need b12,lifelong vitamins and iron deficient.
So I've never had one..

mouse57

I wish there was a proper guidelines nationally to stop each of us getting different treatments and opinions. I was very surprised because it's not my age and I've been fortunate with work in getting the flu jab free every year, last year was the first time I missed it but that was on the advice from my team.

Hi everyone. Been a while :) Hope all are well.
Been such a crazy few months for me, back at uni and working along side. Weight loss is slowing down but have increased my activity, walking everywhere within reason. Like Marcus, I'm noticing the skin now, mainly on my inner legs, it looks awful and hangs down, rubbing quite a bit on the back of my knees when walking and gets sore sometimes. Definitely going to mention this to my bariatric nurse on my annual appointment. All in all, 11months post op today. Would never change this for the world. Sat here in a 16-18 top and 18 trousers. Wow, never in my dreams did I think I'd reach this far.

Edit:
I had a flu jab for the first time this year on advice from dr. As I've been though two major ops this year, they advised it. :)

marcusbm

I've booked my excess skin surgery for early July. I've raised the funds with a student loan and it's two weeks after my uni course should be complete.

The surgery will be in Manila and I plan to recover on a tropical island.

kurstywursty

I've booked my excess skin surgery for early July. I've raised the funds with a student loan and it's two weeks after my uni course should be complete. The surgery will be in Manila and I plan to recover on a tropical island.

Good luck with that Marcus. And congratulations on your engagement. It all happening for you xx

marcusbm

Good luck with that Marcus. And congratulations on your engagement. It all happening for you xx

Don't tell anyone (haha) but we're planning on doing the legal bits at the British consulate in Manila. I then need to find work paying over £20k/year before I can sponsor him to join me here (new rule this government brought in).

HelenAngelfish

Don't tell anyone (haha) but we're planning on doing the legal bits at the British consulate in Manila. I then need to find work paying over £20k/year before I can sponsor him to join me here (new rule this government brought in).

This government immigration rules suck! They make it difficult for genuine couples!

I'm sure you'll find a job paying that salary.

I know how you feel about skin surgery. My problem is I still have stubborn fat stores on my lower stomach so until that goes (easier said than done) I'm stuck with it

Xx

marcusbm

This government immigration rules suck! They make it difficult for genuine couples!

I'm sure you'll find a job paying that salary.

I know how you feel about skin surgery. My problem is I still have stubborn fat stores on my lower stomach so until that goes (easier said than done) I'm stuck with it

Xx

Yeah. It means looking for work, then working for six months before he can apply. After that the application can take two months and he's vulnerable to have his permit revoked if I lose my job within five years.

Su2ie

Good luck!!
I've been through the immigration thing with my (now soon to be ex) husband! We actually got married in the uk on a marriage visa after which he could stay but couldn't work for 6 months, then he had to get his leave to remain after passing a life in the uk exam, then applied for his unlimited leave to remain, then citizenship. It's a blinkin hard and very expensive process!!!!
I get why it's tough but they really do make it difficult for genuine couples! Hope it all works out for you x

marcusbm

Good luck!!
I've been through the immigration thing with my (now soon to be ex) husband! We actually got married in the uk on a marriage visa after which he could stay but couldn't work for 6 months, then he had to get his leave to remain after passing a life in the uk exam, then applied for his unlimited leave to remain, then citizenship. It's a blinkin hard and very expensive process!!!!
I get why it's tough but they really do make it difficult for genuine couples! Hope it all works out for you x

We've given it some thought and we're now looking at me working in the Philippines as it seems the UK system is too complicated.

HelenAngelfish

We've given it some thought and we're now looking at me working in the Philippines as it seems the UK system is too complicated.

It's crazy. Genuine couples suffer as a result. :(

You could get some free advice from an immigration solicitor but I guess it won't tell you anything you don't already know.

Sucks xx

Hey everyone. :)

Hope you all are good. Well what a wonderful week in the life of me. Yesterday I got below 17 stone, so now 16st13lbs. :) Never in my dreams would I get this far. I have a wonderful new gentleman in my life who I care for dearly. I am at university and am thriving this time, not just surviving! I went to a job interview yesterday at a previous job, got the job!! So going back into the care field with elderly clients as a senior carer, I finally get to leave McDonalds, a job I took 2.5yrs ago as a stop gap but never left. 3 shifts left then I am changing my life for the better. I have my yearly appointment next Thursday so will update further stats.

Hey you, yes you sat there reading this!
If you are contemplating gastric bypass (etc) surgery.... go for it! It will change your life. A year ago I was 27stoneodd, today I am 16stone13lb and still going. Do it for yourself... change your life!

marcusbm

Happy surgiversary month!

Let's all post annual updates!

Hi guys,

This is it. My surgiversary. :) I am now 107kg exactly. So a loss of 70kg from my starting weight (11st). :) Been such an amazing year, a little nutty.
Still having issues with my bloods but will be fine! Positive mental attitude!
Hope you are all well.
xx