• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

Hi everyone it's my 6 month anniversary today! Only lost 3 1/2 stones in that time but almost 4 1/2 leading up to surgery from referral. Just went on holiday and have now lost the 3lb I put on but that leaves me with no loss in over 2 weeks :(

Six months is only a few days away and my weight has dipped below 110kg for the first time this morning. 109kg was one of my big targets as it was my lowest weight in my late 20s when I managed to get my weight down (largely due to food poisoning/backpacking around India). So I can say my 30s are no longer part of my body, haha.

I'm now 10kg from the target I set when I started. At the time I thought it was a 'pipe dream' but now I see it as a real target and have tweaked it to 12.5kg as that would take my BMI below 30.

Excess skin has become a significant problem now and it's becoming increasingly obvious the most I lose. Most notably the 'wings' on my arms and the dropping 'apron' that I tuck into my trousers. I'm starting to get quotes for excess skin removal but need to wait for my weight to stabilise.

That's amazing Marcus I'm on a stall at the moment stayed the same for two weeks but when I think it's took 40 years to put it on six months on I've lost a tad under 5 stone (2 pounds) in not quite six months I'm really pleased just need to shift maybe 3 more stone 2 if it's a push then I'll have some serious skin issues my self to deal with its my (spaniels ears(boobs) that concern me lol xx

Same here but my upper arms bother me more than my apron as I can hide the rest in my spanx lol

I found a great piece in peacocks. Goes from under my bust to my knees. In nude or black £8. It hides everything except my bingo wings , is comfortable and I wouldn't be without them now. Well glad I found them!

I think we should put our heads together and invent underwear which will hide an apron

I think our styles are different!

However I just wear my trousers high for now to pull the excess skin in. A tshirt is enough to cover my 'wings'.

How's everyone getting on?

On a but of a stall again at 106.3kg but my target was 109kg for the minimum I'd accept (I kept that one quiet!) because it was my lowest weight since my early 20s (and that was following an illness).

I'm trying to work out how to deal with excess skin. Someone suggested on a YouTube vid I can't find any more to wear a tight t-shirt under my clothes. Also as I lose weight the tight t-shirt will become the loose one. Has anyone tried this? Also I'm developing wings but am still unable to fly although I'll go with Douglas Adams who argued flying just requires you to throw yourself to the floor and miss.

Hi Marcus, I've stalled a bit too, but I'm chuffed to bits with how much I've lost so far. I'm 6.5st & 5 dress sizes down!!!

I hear you about the excess skin, my inner thighs are gross :( & my upper arms are sagging too.

Hi all :) only lost 3lb in a month ! It's defiantly slowing down for me since I hit 6 months out. Size 18 but if I never get below a 16 I've decided i will still be ecstatic and better than a 26/28 that I was when this all started less than 2 years ago. Getting flabbier by the day though lol . Hope you're all well and keep in touch x

Been on holiday for a week back to same place as last year. Seatbelt on plane - no problem. Walking around in 30+ degrees - fine. I feel so good :)

image-681423983.jpg

This year to last

Attachments

• image-1100071316.jpg
    image-1100071316.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 47
I know what you mean, I had to take a pic of the table fully down in the plane. That's not happened in years lol x
Sorry it's sideways! !

Attachments

• 20150530_182714.jpg
    20150530_182714.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 44
Leda you are looking fantastic!! :) Tomorrow I will be 8 months out and I am 3 lbs short of loosing 10stone since November 19th when I started my pre-op diet. My weight loss creeped along for a while back in June but because I was really poorly leading up to my gallbladder surgery last week, I managed to loose 11lbs in less than a fortnight. Totally insane. My lilyslim ticker graph I follow online looks so amazing... the weight loss is just incredible.
My Current Stats:
CW: 114.5kg (18stone bench mark)
Weight loss total: 62.5kg (9st 11lb)
Weight to lose: 47.3kg (7st6lbs) (to get to a healthy BMI)

So who knows, tomorrow I could wake up as 17st13lb... you never know... cannot wait to tick another stone off my tally. Such an amazing journey (minus the gallstones!) ;)
Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

I'll get my delayed six month bloods back tomorrow. I've been advised that D is a bit low but otherwise tests are fine. Considering I've been in the tropics for five months...

Hi fellow December pals. Is anybody still there? Pleased to say my loss appears to have re started a bit. In 13s now, please don't stop yet! Had my lipoma out of inside leg just above knee. Was 10 stitches and had a few complications of build up of blood which is finding a way out of unhealed tissue after stitches were removed. Been hindering exercise as steps I take seem to make it pump out now and again! Anyway 8 and half stone loss since referral in total. Hope you are all well xx

You're doing well. I've been updating on my blog thread.

Took a turn for the worse with stomach pains and rectal bleeding. Have a gastroscopy in the next few minutes and had a blood test for anaemia yesterday.

I've updated my loser stats on my signature, after a one month plateau things seem to be moving again but that could be related to problems I am having.

I've been cleared to go back to university this month so hope they can find what's wrong today. Hoping it's something easy to treat (which would be better than an all clear).

Sorry for the cross posting.

The initial diagnosis is a 2cm anastomotic ulcer. I've been told to refer to secondary care and a biopsy was taken.

Back