• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decisions, decisions!!!!

Lollyowen

So I've been referred by my GP, been to seminar, had appointments, completed tier 3 and reached weight loss target set just waiting for final mdt meeting for the yes or no......however whilst I initially thought I wanted a sleeve I'm now being swayed towards a mini bypass (I'm at Sunderland one of the few hospitals in uk that offer this option)
Would love to hear from any members with their experiences (good, bad and ugly) of sleeve and mini/loop bypass, thanks in advance Xx

Hey Lolly

There's a few mini-bypassers around here now! I can't tell you my experience as I'm having my mini-bypass this Tuesday in Southampton but I can certainly let you know after that.

I chose the MGB really on the basis that I like a bit of insurance! I've been overweight since a child and I felt that restriction alone was putting all my eggs in one basket.

Ooooh you're so close now then :)) hope it goes well and you have a speedy uneventful recovery, please let me know how you get on Xx The dietician recommended mini bypass due to my dreaded sweet tooth and total love of ALL cake!!! I weigh 15.9 at the min so realistically I suppose I would need to lose at least 5 stone to be classed as healthy. I thought sleeve would be less drastic as i could still kind of eat same meal as rest of family but drastically smaller portions but maybe I need the fear of dumping syndrome to keep me on the straight and narrow X

Now 10 weeks out from my Mini Bypass and so far my experience has been very positive, as Sundown said I liked the idea of both restriction and reduced absorption. As you know I was a Sunderland patient as well and once I had decided on the bypass the Mini was an easy decision rather than RNY as its is a simpler operation with only the single new connection required so less chance of complication with no difference to results.

Keep in mind though Lilly I was in a different situation from you as I have a lots more weight to lose and you need to look at your own requirements.

Back