• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you have your op at Charing Cross Hospital?

Raynebubble

Hi Just wondered, im trying to find people who had there Gastric Bypass at Charing Cross Hospital in Hammersmith London xx

Hi Rayne
As promised, found you thread.
im due to have my pre-op on 9th Feb and if all goes well the co-ordinator said it could be as quick as 2 weeks after that for my op. Im so excited that im so close, what do they do at the pre-op? and how quickly after the pre-op did you have your surgery?
How did you find the operation and staff to be when you were there? and how are you getting on?x

Also how come you had you op at CX, that is one hell of a treck from Milton Keynes!!!!

lol Tasha i had a choice of Charing Cross or Luton & Dunstable.... but i thought Charing Cross would be easier to get to... im a numpty!!
But hey they were great at CC i have no complaints what so ever and the staff were lovely. The surgeons are nice too.
I had my pre op on the 27th August.. i was tol that myop would be sept... but then they realised i hadnt seen the dietician yet so that appointment was 25th october... and they told me then to start a 6 week pre op low carb, low fat diet to shrink my liver. i started this thinking my op would be 1st week in December... then my letter cameand it said 25th November so thats when i had my op.
The pre-op is ok... you just sign the forms to concent your op and you get weighed, have some bloods done, they do a MRSA swab test and check your blood pressure... nothing to worry about x

I am doing great hun, had a bit of a set back but that was not due to the op but i wasnt drinking and got a bladder infection.. nut now im through that and i feel absolutely fantastic...it has really boosted my confidence xx

Thanks love, im really worried now though, why did they say you needed to do the pre-op diet for 6 weeks? I was under the impression that it would only be for 2 weeks OMG I dont think I could do it for 6 weeks Im worried about doing it for 2!!!

oh hun... its depends on your bmi and mine was 64, you can do it anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks... the diet was ok hun... only one potato or a few chips, lots and as much veg.. and a bit of meat. a yogurt, half a pint of milk, healthy lunch and i had rice krispies for breakfast... i ate loads and lost 2 stone lol xx Charing Cross dont do the milk diet x

Im glad your over your initial hurdles & feeling much better & confident. God i cant wait to feel confident again.
Thanks for the advice regarding the pro-op diet, my BMI is 53 so im really hoping I dont have to do it for too long but I might get a head start and try and loose a bit before my appointment, might make me look like a good girl!!!!

well Tasha ive accepted your friends request any questions im here for you xx

Thats really kind of you, nice to hear from someone thats had their op at CX. Although I cant answer questions regarding post op, but like wise if you need anything just ask.x

Thankyou Tasha xx

Back