• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet Advice - Am I eating enough???

Andrea73

I would really appreciate your comments on this please.

I am currently on day 6 post bypass and I was wondering if what I am drinking/eating is enough.

Breakfast - Milkshake
Lunch - Soup
Dinner - either yoghurt, soup or another shake.

I also drink peppermint tea, normal tea and water throughout the day.

Am I having enough? Its strange to ask cos I am only eating cos I have to and not because I am hungry.

Obviously I want to lose the weight, but I know that I have to eat to do that and keep my strength up so I would like all you post-bypassers out there to tell me what to do.

Thanks, :)

Hi there Andrea, :)
I was thinking the very same thing I had my operation on Monday just gone!!
Debs x

looks fine to me. I was advised to eat 4-6 times a day as you can only eat in small amounts. And to EAT. Even if you're not hungry. Its so that the body doesnt use muscle as fuel, so eat, even if its a small spoonful of yoghurt :D

But you look to be eating about the same I did when i was fresh out of surgery :D

im post of day 8 and i have breakfast - tea, lunch -soup, dinner - im not normally hungry so il have a apple juice. my nurse said not to worry today because i if im not hungry i shouldnt force it, just make sure you drink alot of milk so it helps repair your wounds... so il sit with a glass of milk and drink it througout the day. fills u up more but you should be gettin alot of liquids in...

im eating a low fat angel delight right now OMG HEEAAAVVEEENNN lol get it girls

Do you have a crystal ball?????:lost:

I was wondering exactly the same thing. I'm 10 days post-op and finding in the main just don't want food even though I'm supposed to be starting on puree/mush after 7-10 days on liquids.
Ok with sloppy weetabix for breakfast and I'm making sure I get plenty of milk and yoghurts in but savoury stuff just doesn't taste right at the moment.

Tried adding supposedly unflavoured protein powder to soups but it's vile - too sweet. Might be better in smoothies so I'll try that tomorrow. I've no trouble drinking but even then I'm having to force myself to try to get enough down each day. Not tried fruit juice as wary of the sugar content. Slimfast is OK so I'm using up my supply of that for now. Can't have any tablets for 4 weeks so supplements are off at the moment. Strange not to be bothered much by hunger pangs - I'm just trying to find protein in something each day but it's proving difficult.

Sure it will get better but I do feel more tired than I expected to be. :sigh:

Tired is normal Didi so don't worry, you have had major surgery and you need to rest lots. I still haven't taken any protein supplements since my op. You could try cauliflower cheese mashed pots and gravy i found that tasted quite nice. I lived on diet yogharts in the early stages and drank quite a bit of milk x

GG - that sounds like a good combination. Might have some c/cheese saved in the freezer so will give that a go tomorrow.

Tnx:eatdrink051:

Thanks All.

Allie - if you were eating 4-6 times a day, what sort of stuff would you be having?? I've been trying to add in stuff like an actimel or NAS angel delight. Also do you think it would be ok to suck on a sugar free polo mint as my mouth is rotten. LOL

im 4 days pot op i have a small fomagefrais, no bits, lunch and tea some soup ,WW tomato or chicken , strained, through the day i drink coffee, milk, still flavoured water, i was going to have a small pot of low fa custard for lunch today but my daughter had got the creamed rice by mistake. i also make a summer fruit sf juice to have wen i have my meds as i find the disgusting ,thank god just 2 or 3 more days of those. you are all lucky salfod royal now say 3 weeks on liquids the same for puree.................kath x

Back