• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet advice needed!!!

Meggie

Well, I had my appointment with Mr Heath at the Whittington today. Had panicked myself completely before going but really don't know why I was worrying so much!! I have been told I need to have a psych appointment and the sleep apnea test. I think I also need the bike test.

I now have three months to wait until my next appointment with Mr Heath. I WILL lose a significant amount of weight in that time. I WILL start controlling my eating!!! I WILL show that I am committed to this whole process!!! I am considering doing something like Weight Watchers...........any recommendations for programmes/classes/companies to go with?? I'm also going to either join a gym or do something on the Wii everyday.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received!!!

Anyone??

:-(

Well, I had my appointment with Mr Heath at the Whittington today. Had panicked myself completely before going but really don't know why I was worrying so much!! I have been told I need to have a psych appointment and the sleep apnea test. I think I also need the bike test.

I now have three months to wait until my next appointment with Mr Heath. I WILL lose a significant amount of weight in that time. I WILL start controlling my eating!!! I WILL show that I am committed to this whole process!!! I am considering doing something like Weight Watchers...........any recommendations for programmes/classes/companies to go with?? I'm also going to either join a gym or do something on the Wii everyday.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received!!!

Hi Meggie, weight watchers is good but only if you can handle small portions which I couldn't so Slimming world was good for being able to eat bigger portions, have you ever tried that before?? I also say every morning im going to go on the wii fit and guess what I dont lol, I joined the gym and the fact im paying for it makes me go, I dont really like the gym its the classes I like, like body pump etc you could see if any of the clubs near you do any classes that are low impact to start with and then gradually build yourself up if possible. good luck I know it wont be easy but just keep thinking about whats at the end of the tunnel

Kate x

Meggie if i look back i had the most success with Slimming World but also found if i really cut back on the bread and potatoes i lost weight too i was never one to use a diet that involved counting calories thats why i liked slimming world. Good luck with which ever way you go x

Well you two are the second and third people to say Slimming World so I'm currently doing my research at the moment!!! I have done Weight Watcher's in the past and I lost a little, but put loads back on. Never tried Slimming World and don't really know much about it.

Thanks!!!

You will love slimming world,easy to follow no counting points or calories,great recipies,loads to eat,never hungry.I will go back to lose weight before any op.Just couldnt sustain it after 6 months.Did lose over 3st though!Also there is a forum on this site for slimming world so you can have even more new mates!Just go to top of page weightloss support forum then look for sworld.

As others have said slimming world is the best plan to follow.

On inductionn on to the programme all new members are given a booklet and other information, however if you werent wanting to go to the meetings and pay £5 a week to be weighed then you can buy the books and information on ebay, you can also buy bars from slimming world n ebay too.

Good luck! :) xxx

This is very good to know!! Hopefully I'll only need to be doing it for a few months before I can have my op so I should get into ok habits and out of the really bad habits I've gotten myself into!!! Glad it is easier than Weight Watchers as I got sick of that VERY quickly!!!

Back