• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1/2 an appointment down, 2 and a 1/2 to go!!!

Meggie

I went to my appointment with the Thorassic team, and will have to have my sleep study afterall. She said that everyone has to have one (not sure that is true but hey-ho!!!). Hopefully my appointment will come through nice and quickly as I have my bike test on the 24th of November, and will be going privately for my psych appointment. Then I am going to meet Mr Heath again on the 7th and hopefully go on the waiting list after that!!! I feel slightly more positive about things today as it was starting to feel like nothing was moving!! One thing I have learnt through this process is that I need to learn to become slightly more patient!!!!

Hi Meggie, I wonder if she means that everyone who is actually referred to them has to undergo the test as I'm sure not everyone at the Whitt has had to have it. Did they give you any idea how long you need to wait for it? and are you staying overnight in hospital for it?

You also mention going private for the psych assessment. Was this your choice and is Mr Sufi happy for you to do this?

I've heard there's a long waiting list at St Annes. I've also been referred to them but have emailed both Kirsten and Mr Sufi to ask if I could be referred to my local Eating Disorders clinic instead as it's going to be incredibly difficult for me to actually get to St Annes. I haven't heard back from them yet but it's only been a few days since I emailed them. I'd certainly consider going private if necessary!

Sorry for all the Q's just trying to get an idea in my mind of what to expect ;) xx

Hi Meggie, I wonder if she means that everyone who is actually referred to them has to undergo the test as I'm sure not everyone at the Whitt has had to have it. Did they give you any idea how long you need to wait for it? and are you staying overnight in hospital for it?

Dunno hun. I've said I'll take whichever is quicker. I kinda hope the overnight stay is quicker as I wouldn't have to book time off work to pick it up and drop it off. I think the other way is quicker though.

You also mention going private for the psych assessment. Was this your choice and is Mr Sufi happy for you to do this?

I've decided to go private for my psych as my psych appointment isn't until the 29th of January. I may be lucky and get a cancellation but not counting on that! I contacted Kirsten about it and she gave me the name of the person we will have to see on the NHS. My next appointment with Mr Heath is on the 7th of December so I want all results back by then if possible!

I've heard there's a long waiting list at St Annes. I've also been referred to them but have emailed both Kirsten and Mr Sufi to ask if I could be referred to my local Eating Disorders clinic instead as it's going to be incredibly difficult for me to actually get to St Annes. I haven't heard back from them yet but it's only been a few days since I emailed them. I'd certainly consider going private if necessary!

Well the cost for assessment is £300 quid an hour. I have had to think long and hard about going private for it, but the way I look at it is if it cuts a month off my wait then it is £300 well spent. Just means not eating for the next month which will help my diet no end!!!!

Sorry for all the Q's just trying to get an idea in my mind of what to expect ;) xx

No worries hun! Any time!! Obviously I'm still moving along the path and clearly still know ****-all!!! Hahahaha. I will try and help whenever possible though!!!

xxxxxxx

Hi Meggie u mention being patient omg woman patience is something u have in abundance and that is for sure xxxx

Hahaha no you have an amazing amount of patience putting up with my incessant stressing and whining!! Your support means more than you'll probably ever know!!!

Hahaha no you have an amazing amount of patience putting up with my incessant stressing and whining!! Your support means more than you'll probably ever know!!!

Ellen hun the same goes for me :D:D:D:D honestly hun to think we have only met once and wat a fab friendship that has come from the one info session lol, it was meant to me lmao xx
Chatting to you and ur support means so much to me and it was fab to see you the other week.
Take care hun and am sure we will chat soon xxxx:D:D:D

Back