• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Discomfort when eating 5 months post op

jaxx

Hi everyone. I've been experiencing a bit of discomfort whilst eating recently to the extent that I don't eat as much as I previously did a few weeks ago. I'm chewing well and even choosing softer foods so that they won't hurt my pouch going in and I'm still getting some pain and discomfort. It's even uncomfortable to drink liquids as well. I've got an appointment with my surgeon on Monday but I was wondering if anyone else has had this 5 months post op? I also had to have 2 endoscopes and pouch stretches before I was 2 months post op. Since then, until now I've had no problems.

Sorry i cant help not had op yet BUT i hope all goes well on monday ,xx

Sorry no help here but im over 12 months post op and the last couple of weeks I have had lots of chest pain stomach ache and been sick more in the last 2 weeks that ever

I get alot of pain one day then none the next, its really strange. Sometimes the pain comes when I've just had a mouthful of food or a sip of water ??

I take windeze for the trapped wind, but i also get a pain that I describe as my operation pain - it feels just like it did straight after my op, its odd and I ain't got a clue what it is, it really knocks me for six and I have to sit down.

Sometimes when I pick my little boy up it really pulls and I have to put him down because Im in agony, god knows what that is either ?

Jaxx, are you feeling stressed about anything?

It may sound weird, but I have two teenagers & my eldest has been a bit of a sod lately, when we've had an argument I find that even drinking hurts! Could be a psychological thing I know, but I'm just wondering if something tightens up etc when I'm stressed out.

Here's hoping you get sorted out next week x

No two days are alike for me. Some days i can't eat the same quantity as i could the day before and i always have more restriction at breakfast than at other times of the day.
I am wondering though, being a little aware of your history as you've been consistently uncomfortable for a while if you may need another stretch ? I do hope you don't have to go through it again and that it rights itself naturally x x

Galm yes I do have a lot of stress at the minute and I've come to the realisation that I'm suffering quite badly with depression (took me a while to realise). My anxiety has got to the extent that I'm not sleeping well and will frequently wake during the night after a horrible nightmare and be so terrified that I can't move for a good 30 minutes. I might have to admit defeat and go back onto my meds.

Back