• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Discomfort when eating

marcusbm

Bet the last week or so I've experienced increasing pain when eating. Right now I can manage 3-4 spoons three times a day and no more.

I didn't feel that much restriction since the first few weeks and never this level of discomfort/pain when eating.

I'm following the rules, eating small bites, chewing slowly etc. Is this typical around three months or should I be concerned?

I currently don't have access to a bariatric team or my GP due to being overseas.

Good to hear from you, and hope the jobs ok.

You not eating to much rice and curry etc are you, as this can cause pain and swelling.

Good to hear from you, and hope the jobs ok. You not eating to much rice and curry etc are you, as this can cause pain and swelling.

No. I'm eating a few bits of meat gnawed off the bone and some vegetables only.

I had a reply from my bariatric team. They think it's a stomach ulcer and recommended taking a double dose of a PPI and if that doesn't help I'll need a gastroscopy.

sorry to read that. what if anything can you do while out the uk? do you have access to health care services where you are?
It must be difficult been poorly when so far from home/medical support
I wish you well

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, hope the PPI helps and you can get back to 'normal' soon. It's no fun being bad away from home, hope the medical care out there is good - though more to the point, hope you don't need it!!!

I can't get medical insurance until I have residency. It can take up to two months to get residency. I'm starting week three so I'm not in a position to be unwell at the moment. It's a pity health tends not to follow the rules.

Hi marcus, I had this when I stopped taking lanzoprazole, it went away a few days after I started taking it again xx

Yes I'm restarting Lansoprazole

Back