• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain under left rib after eating

Sam00190

I am on soft stage and just had a jacket potato now its painful under left rib and making more noise than usual. Is this normal I'm 5 weeks post op. I've already had to bring food up at lunchtime as it got stuck. I don't know if its my pouch saying I've eaten to much, or even the wrong texture. Am i better off trying to bring this meal up. I ate it about 15 mins ago x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You may have eaten a little too much, or it may be a little too dry a consistency. Did you have gravy or some sort of moisture with it? It will come up of its own accord if it needs too. I'd try and avoid making yourself sick, as your still healing internally xx

Well to be honest Sam wouldnt be eating jacket potato yet is very filling n dry, would be avn bit softer maybe mash with cheese or gravy, unless you've scooped it all out n added something to it to make it softer. Just take it easy cos it will be uncomfortable like that, if you brought food up at luch and its feeling like that now I would maybe have a day on fluids n sooup just to give it a little rest, sometimes you just have togo back to square one for a day. Worth a try xx

I made the jacket into mash as i put some milk it in but also some philadelphia extra light cheese x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I think it may have been a little too dry. Try putting some sauce like cheese sauce or parsley sauce or gravy with it next time x

oh well you did the right thing, obviously still too much for you i would leave nutha 2 or 3 weeks before trying again. that was one frood i had a problem with, the other was fish, pain n discomfort in throat n chest n ribs awful feeling. plenty water will flush it down into the lower parts. maybe even hot drinks it vwill pass eventually i think its one of those things that some bodies can't digest, i remember in the early days one sunday i had a tiny taste of mased pot and my throat n jaw tightened up thought i was guna be sick, very rare i have potato now, still put it on my plate cos it looks right but ususally goes in the bin. I can digest it better with gravy on n its ok in shepherds pie, otherwise just too dry and sticks to your food tube as it goes down. x

Hi. I am 2 weeks post op after wrap and get a similar pain sometimes after eating. It will pass. It always does with me.

I get a pain but it's more central. The first stirrings of it I take as an indication as to not have anymore. I have worked out I need fibre but can't do anything even remotely dry. Having said that I'm only 2 weeks out. I'm sure I've read that being sick can damage your pouch, so I would avoid making yourself sick.

I get a pain but it's more central. The first stirrings of it I take as an indication as to not have anymore. I have worked out I need fibre but can't do anything even remotely dry. Having said that I'm only 2 weeks out. I'm sure I've read that being sick can damage your pouch, so I would avoid making yourself sick.

You can buy a jar of benefibre off amazon, and put it in your drinks. That's what I did for fibre during the early days. Someone on here told me about it, but I can't remember who :)

I feel jacket may be dry I have only had jacket the other week with baked beans and cheese my dogs loved it the skin and beans and cheese only eat about a ramikin full amount
Had mash beans and gravy with a fish finger for tea loved it having sugar free jelly now for pud with low fat custard

You can buy a jar of benefibre off amazon, and put it in your drinks. That's what I did for fibre during the early days. Someone on here told me about it, but I can't remember who :)

Thanks for this Paula. After a strange start to purres I worked out I need the fibre and liquid for my body to work. I just need to get the balance right.

Hey Sam, add much more liquid to it to make a v runny mash - milk based sauce will up the protein level for you and remember the rule if 20, chew 20 times, wait 20 sec, eat for no more than 20 min. Also forcing sickness! Believe me if it ain't stopping in it won't do of its own accord! Good luck my lovely! Xx

Back