• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

do you lose strength as you lose weight?

los in it

The reason why I ask is because I support disabled people some on the big size and therefore in big wheelchairs
So I wondered if I would still have the push in me

I actually feel stronger as I go along. I put it done to lungs functioning better and more efficiently along with my heart. I have so much more energy and once I get back from hols at end of August I'm going to join a gym which has got to improve strength too. I heart my bypass so much <3

This is one reason we need to up our protein intake along with doing regular exercise to help replace what muscle tissue the body uses for energy along with our fat stores. Initially yes I felt a bit weak and wishy washy but as I healed, exercised and the weight came off this vastly improved and I actually feel much stronger now but in saying that at my top weight I was in pretty bad shape ;)

I had mini bypass 22 march returned to work 6 weeks later I hoist a lot of large people and use wheelchairs pushing people and have had no problems I was told the fitter you are going into opp the fitter you are coming out which is self explanatory really with any opp 16 weeks now the only difference I could say I'm tired a little quicker I do get the b12 injection but only had one so far they say you don't feel any difference when you've had it but you do know when you need it mines due 31 July so time will tell if it's true. Deb

I far more agile but I'm a weakling when it's comes to a bit of muscle work!
I always have to get my hubby to do all heavy work...it makes a change though.

I didn't so much lose strength as energy. It's only been about this last month that my energy levels have picked up. (I'm 6 months post sleeve)

If I'm on the go I'm fine but if I sit long enough it's one of those nana naps I'm afraid Deb

Yes. Unfortunately it is impossible not to loose muscle mass while losing weight. The high protein helps, but I realised recently that I had lost some of my strength. However, once you start building in exercise, particularly strength training you will end up stronger than before.

Back