• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Doggie bags and toddler bowls...

Shadaca

Right - I'm still not there, but eating out was a big part of my work and life before surgery.

How does eating out work?

Is taking your own tupperware acceptable? Do you ask for a container? Is it frowned upon? Do you sneak your food away under a table? It seems a shame to let food go to waste.

Also - some folk have advised toddler plates - what kind? do they really help? Should I be stealing disney plates from my nieces?

I take Tupperware with me when I go out to eat. No need to buy a toddler plate, just use a side plate or a bread and butter plate :)

I've not had an op yet, but I think it I were to eat out I would order a childrens meal or just go with the flow, order what I know is smaller.

My friend has OCD and always asks to 'take away' her meal (she then doesn't eat it) - Yes I know a total waste, but hey, whatever floats her boat!

I have found these, which I am not scared to admit, I have ordered to help my portion control (yes, I'm a big kid, lol)

Choose MyPlate for Kids

www.superhealthykids.com

xx

I sometimes ask to takeaway what I don't eat but I tend to eat in nicer restaraunts where portions are not huge with work so it is manageable. I have been know to order a starter for main and explain that I am watching what I eat

If I eat out with family then a dinner can make me two meals and I ask for a take out boxes which a lot of restaunrats now provide

I usually just order a starter to come as a main (yes sometimes get a funny look) or I order a what I want and eat a little of it there is usually my husband who will eat my leftovers (hes got hollow legs )

I choose what I want, sometimes a starter or sometimes two, or sometimes a starter and a main. Then I eat what I want and leave the rest.

I often get asked if the food was ok and I say 'yes, I just don't eat much'

I had a look at the children's plates, my concern is that an adult post surgery needs far more protein and less carbs, the plates are designed for a kids healthy portion.

If you need a plate then look at the Bariatric plate that Carol Ball markets on her website.

Lots of eateries do 'light bites'.
During my band days I'd order a side or starter. Sometimes I'd just eat off my fellas plate. He didn't like this method though!
One time I ordered a kids meal when out with the family and I was refused! We left
I have asked for a doggie bag many times. I have no shame!!!

I went from 22 1/2 stone to 10·2 now but my poor hubby gone from 13·7 to 18 stone says it all really he clears my plate lol I'm not confident to ask for kiddy portions or doggy bags so he finishes what I can't :)

my poor hubby gone from 13·7 to 18 stone says it all really he clears my plate lol

Poor hubby! The price they pay for our success! :D

Mine would be rubbing his hands in glee! He's skinny but eats tonnes. I have metabolism envy!

So basically - don't worry about the plates - use a little one or make one myself.

I looked at the bariatric plate - the bento box she recommends I was looking at anyway. I could probably create my own affair!

I always ask for my food to go, but as soon as the food arrives, I take off what I want, as I'm a dreadful picker, and ask them to box the rest.

I take my portion control plate with me everywhere, and use it if I've very hungry, as I can't trust myself to be honest when selecting food.

I look for nice starters and if there isn't anything I fancy, I go for a prawn main or fish main only. Or a lighter bite.

Eating out is still enjoyable and if I leave anything i try and leave the chips etc.

I use a side plate as standard.

As for eating out, I normally have a starter plus maybe a side of vegetables - which anyone else is also welcome to share.

Alternatively, sometimes I'll have a main and an extra plate for my 5yo rather than order him a kids meal. Often kids options are rubbish anyway !

I LOVE the Duck tosado (sp ?) from Giraffe and Edname Beans

Back