• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr Chris De Bruyne

clovey01

Hello,
I am new on this website and i am considering having a band in the next few months. I have over 7stone to lose. I cannot afford to have my band done privately in UK because of the cost so i have decided to go abroad.
I am wondering if anybody has had a band fitted by Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belgium recently? Pls will you recommened Dr Chris and what was your experience like? I might be going alone as i have a toddler and my husband will be with my toddler. Is this advisable? Did anyone go alone?
The other thing i am worried about is the aftercare, i phone his office in UK and was told refill is £100 each time, this is okay with me. But do they provide any other support like dietician? I'm sorry if this is too much question but i am so worried and will like to spend the money with a good result as this is our family saving. If there is any other doctor abroad that anyone will like to recommend pls do so, i will be very grateful.
Thanks.

JO28172

Might be worth researching uk aftercare only packages? I know my provider wls group do them, sure others will too! I wouldn't have wanted this without knowing my nutrionist etc is only a phone call away. Also you do have regular fills in the first year! Anyone can put the band in but my view is, it's the aftercare you have that helps you succeed x

clovey01

Thank you very much for your reply. That is exactly one of my fears - aftercare. i didn't know about the UK aftercare packages, i will go off and start researching them. Thank you very much.

Pls more replies will be greatly appreciated everyone. Thanks.

clovey01

Thanks so much for your reply. You are very right and one of my major concern is aftercare :( When i phoned Dr Chris office in UK, the man that deals with enquiry told me i will only need 4 fills in the first year. I know that is not true from all the research i have done as everybody is different. I will definitely look at the UK aftercare package as you have suggested. Thanks.

Anybody else had their surgery with Dr Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belgium recently?

Thanks.