• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr Chris de Bruyne Pre op Diet and general feelings

pickle

Doing it for my boy!
Hi everyone,

I am being banded next month and due to start my pre op diet this week.
I am having the surgery done by Chris De Bruyne, it is recommended i follow a lowfat diet with lots of veg and chicken and fish. Other then that there's not much more info. Do you think if i was to follow Rosemary Conley diet this would be sufficiant enough? Has anyone else been banded by Dr chris?

Also just lately i feel really down about this whole procedure...i can't quite put my finger on it, i just can't quite believe i'm resorting to surgery to control my greed and gluttony. It makes me feel down, but at the same time i'm also excited about the prospect of having a slim future.

Can any one identify?

Welcome Pickle xxx
Different surgeon for me but it's similar to the diet I had to do.
The RC diet is a great option for banders in general and I'm sure would be fine for your pre-op as it's essentially low fat high protein & veg.
Try and view the op as you accepting responsibility for yourself and doing something really positive to sort your weight out once and for all.
Like you, a lot of us are doing this for our kids...it's going to help you be a more active mum who's happier and around for longer, so everyone is going to benefit. Your kids because they are happier when we are, and obviously we can set a good example by eating better and doing some more exercise...not yoyo dieting etc (imagine what a screwed up view of food that's showing them) and of course , for you as an individual. Never too late to be the best version of you possible, just because you are a parent , doesn't mean your hopes and dreams have to be over either! xxx

Hi Neen, thanks so much for the warm welcome.
I'm glad that the RC plan is okay to follow. I start tomorrow.
There are so many pre op diets out there it gets confusing and the info given to me seems a tad vague for someone who likes to follow rules to a tee.
You have done so incredibly well with your weight loss and must feel very proud of your self...well done.
Yes, i too am doing this for my kids amongst other things, i have three very young children. You are right though when you say that just because you are a parent your hopes and dreams shouldn't end. There is still so much i would like to do and i feel like i am putting my life on hold all the time with the constant yo yo dieting. I wonder what effect this might have on my young daughter too.
My op is due on the 13th May in Belguim

Hi Pickle and Welcome hun x

You`ll be fine on the RC plan and it will get you ready to face surgery.

You`ve only a couple of weeks until surgery - so take it easy, get organised with family, shopping, and all the mundane tasks, which will help when you come home and not up to doing a lot initially.

Good luck with your surgery x

Love Kat x

Hi Pickle and Welcome hun x

You`ll be fine on the RC plan and it will get you ready to face surgery.

You`ve only a couple of weeks until surgery - so take it easy, get organised with family, shopping, and all the mundane tasks, which will help when you come home and not up to doing a lot initially.

Good luck with your surgery x

Love Kat x

Thank you Kat, i'm still getting organised. Have sorted out my travel arrangements, hotel and kids are going to grandmas for a long weekend.
How much will i be able to do post surgery? My DH is travelling with me to Belgium and i just wondered if it is a case of us being holed up in the hotel for 3 nights or will i be able to travel around a bit...even if it's just for a walk.

hi pickle, i am just back from Belguim yesterday and Dr chris was my surgeon. All went well. Your pre op diet is just cutting down on the fat you eat. check out my diary. xx You have as much freedom in Belguim. Make sure you see all the lovely sites before your op as you wont be able to do much walking after your op. the hotel is fine and clean.

hi pickle, i am just back from Belguim yesterday and Dr chris was my surgeon. All went well. Your pre op diet is just cutting down on the fat you eat. check out my diary. xx You have as much freedom in Belguim. Make sure you see all the lovely sites before your op as you wont be able to do much walking after your op. the hotel is fine and clean.

Thank you Maura, i'm so glad your op went well. Thanks for your reply. I will indeed make sure i see some sights while i'm still able to walk and show interest. Looking forward to the last supper that De Bruyne suggests too;)

Hello, welcome and the last supper is the best bit about the pre op. See now you'll be starting the traditional thread about what to have for your last supper lol..

Look forward to following your journey and hope we're all privileged enough to come along for the ride xxx

Thanks for the welcome Julie, how lovely you all are and of course you are welcome to come along for the ride. In fact i've just opened a diary to chart my progress.

Well done on your terrific weightloss x

Last supper???? Am looking forward to that if my provider allows. I am on Day 7 of the 10 day pre op diet and could eat a scabby cat as the saying goes!!!!!

The Chopster said:
Last supper???? Am looking forward to that if my provider allows. I am on Day 7 of the 10 day pre op diet and could eat a scabby cat as the saying goes!!!!!

Mine didn't allow me anything he told me to make the most of my last night before I started my pre-diet & said that was the last time I would ever eat like that again lol xx

Back