• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr Sigurdsson

Louanne79

I have my first appointment with Dr Sigurdsson at the Princess Royal, Telford next week.
My PCT have referred me as approved for surgery, and the funding is in place.
Has anyone else had surgery with Dr Sigurdsson, or currently seeing him and waiting for surgery?
Just wanted to know other people's experiences and if I could get any idea what to expect?

Yes he did my band for me privately with THG. I found him very professional, didn't chat much he was a bit in the room and back out very quickly just before my op but have not had any probs with my band almost 2 years on so he must have done a good job xxx

He did my band almost 2 years ago.Hes a quiet gentle giant, and is extremely well qualified.He also tends to put some fluid into the band at the time of surgery- which is ace!

You are in fab hands xx

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. Nice to know he does a good job! :)

Hi LouAnne,

I had an RNY Gastric by-pass by Mr Sigurdsson and his team on 1st December at Princess Royal, I too am under Dr Labib at RHH and have been for a while.
My Surgery went fine, he did is Laproscopically (keyhole) and all I have now 3-4 months down the line are 3 small flat scars/lines and 2 small pucture scars from the surgery. Mr Sigurdssons team at PRH are great, his understudies were well trained and confident in what they were doing and the unit where I stayed at PRH was brill. Not sure if you have had any "In stays" at RHH (I have) and at PRH it was totally different, I was monitored and looked after faultlessly in the 4 days I was there.
Mr Sigurdsson is a man of few words and is quite straight talking, however he does put you at ease and will instill you with confidence. If my experience is anything to go by I have no reservations in saying PRH, Mr Sigurdsson and his team will look after you really well, During my recover I have not experienced any difficulties at all, I am sure you will be fine, you are in safe hands !:D:D:D

Thanks for that, that's all good news!
Can I ask how long you waited from your referral from RHH to your op at PRH?
Thanks again for your comments.

Hi Louanne,
From the time I agreed to the surgery, I had to wait for the monthly PCT funding meeting (about 3 weeks) at my next appointment they confirmed the funding had been agreed, I had an appointment with Mr Sigurdsson about 6 weeks later, the pre-op about a month after that, then the surgery was booked in about 6 weeks after (to allow for the pre-op weight loss) all in all it was about 3 months. Have you had any news yet ?
Matt :talk017:

Thanks Matt.
As far as I know, the funding has all been agreed and is in place, so I'll guess we'll see what happens on Friday. I'm excited, but apprehensive at the same time! :)
Congrats on your weight loss so far, by the way. You must be so chuffed.

Back