• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh No!!!!!!!!

helen144

Hi All

ive just spoken with the PCT and she has just informed me that if i get funding then i will be referred to the Salford Royal for assessment, I am so dissappointed I so wanted Mr Ammori, Has anyone had there surgery here, Is it performed there or somewhere else and what is the consultant called? What are they like? and can I ask to go somewhere else when funding has been approved (If it is approved) aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Helen
xxxx

phatgirl

Hun don't panic. I had Mr. Ammori at Salford Royal (was called Hope), the hospital was excellent. Also Hopelesscase had Mr. Ammori there.;)

phatgirl

Can't really say as I never recieved notice of approval:confused:, just recieved an appointment for my pre-op one day out of the blue. That was probably down to them switching to a new surgeon (I was one the first few to have Mr. Ammori at Salford Royal).

I have been told it has gotten pretty quick now that they have Mr. Ammori.:D

phatgirl

You're not a pain! Ask away! I was only in hospital overnight, I was home and in my bed by tea time the next day! I have to say that I don't know much about aftercare as of yet. I haven't needed any special care and I haven't had my 6 week check-up yet, I'm not even 5weeks yet. I did get a nice call from the bariatric nurse Michelle Eden about 10 days after my surgery just checking in on me. She's a love. I have only nice things to say about care so far from the hospital, Mr. Ammori & his team.

You'll be in good hands. I would not be surprised if you have a date by Feb. Good luck hun;)

hopelesscase

I can only echo what PG has said gantastic experiance, would go back and do it all again tomorrow if i needed to here is my story if it helps.http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/65945-start-new-me.html

I was approved for funding in july and had my op 3 weeks ago there was alittle delay due to them changing surgeons but well worth it. All the staff i have come into contact with were fantastic and sooooo helpful. Plus the ward was really A1

lesleyweb

needs more post
Can't really say as I never recieved notice of approval:confused:, just recieved an appointment for my pre-op one day out of the blue. That was probably down to them switching to a new surgeon (I was one the first few to have Mr. Ammori at Salford Royal).

I have been told it has gotten pretty quick now that they have Mr. Ammori.:D
Hi this has happened to me, i just recieved a letter out of the blue telling me to go for a pre-opp with mr ammori at alexandra hospital..mr ammori says he can prob do op in january, just hoping nothing gonna go wrong and they say funding hasnt been agreed..your story sounds promising thoughxxx