• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

See a penny, pick it up.....

Louanne79

.....all day long you'll have good luck?

Well, it seems to have worked for me today :D

I've been off to the hairdressers this morning, and on getting out of the car, I found a penny on the car park floor. Not wanting to tempt fate, I picked the penny up and put it in my purse.

I'vejust got home and have a letter from Dr Labib's secretary at Russell's Hall Hospital to say I have ben referred to Mr Sigurdsson at the Princess Royal Telford for gastric bypass surgery. It has a blood test from attached that I've apparently to have done two weeks before the operation, then it just says that I should contact RHH once I've been discharged for a six week, post-surgery appointment with the Weight Management team.

I'd been waiting on a decision from the MDT, and was a little dumbfounded by the letter, so my hubby has called Dr Labib's surgery who confirmed that yes, the MDT have approved my surgery. He then called Mr Sigurdsson's secretary (he's not very patient and knows how much I want this), who told him they have my referral and I should have my first appointment there within 4 weeks, and they may give me a surgery date at that first meeting.

Sorry to go on, but I'm just so chuffed. I was beginning to think this might never happen. I'm actually shaking.

xXx

Shake away Louanne!Thrilled for you.Maz x

Im not suprised you are pleased :D Its fantastic news!! Im really pleased for you and MIGHT, only might! make room on the loosers bench for you :D XX

Thanks Ladies - I'm grinning so much right now I resemble the Cheshire Cat!

Well done and I'm so pleased for you, it'll be your year and well done on finding that penny! The last time I went to pick one up, it was glued to the floor in a seaside town and I think someone must have been having great fun watching people and wondering.... 'will they or won't they'... good luck and well done... love and hugs xxx

Thanks Bev - I did have a look around first to check no-one was watching me. The size of my backside they might have thought there was a solar eclipse! :eek:

Haha... I'm just the same... I'm just hoping 'mini skirts' don't make a come back!

Well done love xxx

brilliant news x

lamornamiss said:
OMG Lou that is fantastic news we will have to celebrate with that coffee soon

Thanks hun, we certainly will xXx

Thank you all x

thats brilliant news huni, good luck with it all huni. hugs xxxxxxx

Brilliant news, I bet nothing could spoil your good mood.

xxx

phatmomma said:
I want coffee too :)

Congratulations Lou, i bet you'll be skipping for the next 4 weeks xx

It's a deal.

I'm floating at the moment - I feel 10 stone lighter already :)
xXx

Back