• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dumping

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
i know i should know this by now but i still get confused with this dumpling, i don't think its happened to me, but if ya'll dont mind can u tell me ur experince of this so if it does happin to me or anyone else, there is a thread we can go straight on to and have a look. :D:D

thank you all.

Ok, my experience was this...I have been very good at counting sugars etc but I baked a cake for my husband and I got some of the cake batter on my finger and before I knew what I was doing I had licked it off. About five minutes later I started to have an uncomfy feeling in my tummy and started to feel sick, kind of like I had eaten far too much, though I hadnt, and I felt dizzy and hot. I went and sat on the sofa with a bowl and my heart started pounding and I was shaking and waves of hot and cold were running through my body but I was sweating a bit. I felt as though I would vomit any minute but luckily I didnt, I just spat up a huge amount of thick saliva into the bowl. I would say that it lasted around 5-7 minutes and then it all eased off and left me feeling totally wiped out.
Since then I am extra careful and I havent had that happen again since.
However, if I have eaten something with too high a fat content my tummy feels a bit 'wobbly' and I get very windy and bloated, I doubt that it is dumping but I do get that exhaustion around an hour later, so maybe it is a late, mild fat dump, Im not sure.
I was thrilled when I had that sugar dump because I wanted the fear of it to keep me on the straight and narrow and it really has.
My experience was quite mild compared to some peoples.
Hope this helps a bit.
Steph xx

You will definitely know when you have an episode of dumping syndrome.

I started with heart palpatations, feeling very nauseous and feeling very weak physically. Usually I go to bed to sleep it off as I can hardly keep my head up. Then I usually get woken up with a severe headache and a dash to the loo.

Sounds delightful - mental note to self ''be careful what you put in your mouth'' including high sugar foods...

here's hoping you never dump Claudia cos it sounds piggin horrible xx

Hi Claudia, as Jaxx said you will know when you are dumping! :eek:

I dumped for the first time last week (5 months post op) after eating a large orange and a kiwi fruit at 9pm one evening. I was fine until 10pm when I felt the need to visit the bathroom. This was followed by just over an hour of hell - diarrohea, vomiting, hot and cold sweat, shaking, waves of faintness and a general feeling of being totally out of control of my body. Not pleasant! :rolleyes: It took a further 1/2 hr or so of lying down until I returned to normal. This is the only thing I have ever dumped on, I seem fine thus far with the odd bit of sweet stuff, I guess the fructose in the fruit was just too much at once.

Cuppa xx

Hi Claudia, as Jaxx said you will know when you are dumping! :eek:

I dumped for the first time last week (5 months post op) after eating a large orange and a kiwi fruit at 9pm one evening. I was fine until 10pm when I felt the need to visit the bathroom. This was followed by just over an hour of hell - diarrohea, vomiting, hot and cold sweat, shaking, waves of faintness and a general feeling of being totally out of control of my body. Not pleasant! :rolleyes: It took a further 1/2 hr or so of lying down until I returned to normal. This is the only thing I have ever dumped on, I seem fine thus far with the odd bit of sweet stuff, I guess the fructose in the fruit was just too much at once.

Cuppa xx

bloody hell, glad ur ok hun x

A mild dump can be that I generally feel rough with a headache, feel a bit sickly and wind.

A bad dump can be me trying to be sick (cannot be sick since op) retching, diarhia, shivers and once having to go to bed as I felt really ill.

Back