• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EasyJet Info

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
I was just wondering if anyone can make this hole baggage thing a bit clearer?
I havnt booked any luggage on but i understand you can take a carry on bag.
I have no clue as to size etc, can somone please shed some light so i can get packing and stop panicking lol.
xx thanks

Hi

If you are flying with easyjet, you need to go to their web site and it will tell you the dimensions of the bag and the weight you are allowed for a carry on bag.(and hold luggage if you want that)

Carry on is about 56 x 45 x 25cm incl wheels, and the weight is about 10kilos. PLEASE CHECK THIS with your airline as they differ slightly.

I took a carry on bag with jet2 and it was ample for my needs.

Hope that helps

xx

Ive not paid for extra so does that mean i get 20kg but has to be in cabin? ... no way ill need anywhere near that amount

No on easy jet you pay for 20kgs and that goes in the hold, you can have ONE bag in the cabin and that means one bag not one bag and a handbag!!!!

You are allowed one bag in the cabin, free, wanabeminime has posted the link for easy jet, it will have all the info on there. If you put a bag in the hold, you have to pay. You get a smaller bag in the cabin, but you need to check the weight and dimensions, I think its 10k.

xx

Last edited:
sorry lyzzyanne, we posted at the same time with similar responses....

x

Be aware too, that easy jet are incredibly strict on the weight of the bags and the size and if it doesn't fit or is over at the airport, they will make you put it in the hold and pay at airport rate for hold luggage which is more expensive than in advance - info below is on their website believe also, but this is what was sent to me in an email booking for a flight that we had with them last year

This is the info and sizes on Easyjet hand luggage

You can take one piece of hand baggage into the cabin with you -no bigger than 56 x 45 x 25cm incl wheels- which must fit comfortably into the baggage gauge. Hand bags, briefcases, laptops and laptop bags are all counted as one piece so if you have a hand bag and a laptop bag for example, you might want to consider putting one inside the other.
Remember to plan your hand and hold baggage in advance though; if you bring too many items of hand baggage to the check-in desk, staff there will insist that they be booked into the hold; you’ll be charged £25 per item, as we will have higher handling costs if we register your hold bag only at the airport.

If you checked in online and bypassed check-in and you arrive at the boarding gate with too many items of hand baggage, there’s a charge of £40 per item if we need to book them into the hold at this stage. We charge this high fee to avoid delays at the boarding gate and ensure a smooth boarding process.

Remember that you can stow hand baggage not just in the overhead lockers: small items must be placed underneath the seat in front.

And, even though it’s tempting, please don’t try to sneak two items past our gate crew: they’ll have to put one of them into the aircraft hold and charge you for it. It will delay yours and everyone else’s journey!
Liquids in hand baggage
There are a number of rules to remember about what to put in your hand baggage and what to leave at home. Importantly, the word “liquids” has a wider meaning than you would perhaps think in the first instance. For example: lip balm, lip sticks, hand creams, deodorant, and hair spray are all considered liquids in this context.

The rules:
  • The liquid is in a container with a maximum volume of 100ml
  • All containers must comfortably fit into a transparent, re-sealable 1 litre plastic bag, measuring no more than 20 x 20cm
  • This plastic bag must be removed from the hand baggage and shown separately to airport securitt
And if you do decide to book in advance checked in luggage
<H2>Hold luggage - how much can you take?
Each passenger who pays for a hold bag can take up to 20kg of luggage. This weight allowance applies to the passenger rather than to the bag so purchasing extra bags is possible but will not increase the weight allowance. If you think you’ll need to take a little bit more with you, you can buy some extra weight – it’s best to do this online before you fly as the online charges are considerably cheaper than at the airport.

If you are travelling in a group of two or more on the same booking and have booked bags, you may spread the weight of your luggage across the bags. For example, two passengers with a bag each may carry 20kg of luggage each, but if you wish to put 18kg in one bag and 22kg in the other, then that’s okay with us. You’ve just got to remember that you cannot exceed the 40kg total weight allowance without paying additional charges. A few really important things to remember:
  • We support health and safety guidance for checked luggage and recommend that you keep the weight of each individual bag below 23kg wherever possible.
  • Legally we must apply a maximum limit of 32kg so any individual bag weighing more than 32kg cannot be accepted!
  • Infants who share your seat do not have a baggage allowance, therefore, their items will need to be packed in your bag
  • To keep our fares low, be able to board the plane as quickly as possible and ensure your comfort onboard, if you bring more than one piece of hand baggage we’ll check the extra into the hold. We’ll need to charge you for this – at check-in this fee is £25 due to higher handling costs at the airport if you don't buy the bag online and at the boarding gate this increases to £40 to ensure that we can bring you to your destination on time.
</H2>

Back