• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SURGERY..Best Thing you ever done?? PLEASE READ

Hello all you kind people..
Im hoping people on here would be kind enough to share your experiences with me..
Here goes..Im currently hoping to have a gastric bypass,Im going to Dr Ammori's clinic shortly,Ive almost done all my tests.
But since I been doing my research Ive been having sleepless nights,going over and over things in my head.
I understand this will be one of the most important things I will ever do.
Theres a few things that having playing on my mind,and hope someone can shed light onto them for me.
Im so frightened about loosing my hair(Ive fine hair)Ive read the selenium and vitamins really makes no difference,whats hairloss like after having the operation?
And after the operation..is the daily weighing and food intake hard to follow?
Do you ever go on to leading quite a normal eating habit ? like a healthy/normal person would eat,does your body ever allow you to do this?
I mean I have read about the dumping if you cheat with sugar and fats..but can this happen with normal everyday foods like bread etc..
And also how do you post op people feel say 4 weeks on? do you have any aches or pains ?
Does you body ever allow you to be social again,does your body allow you to have a glass of wine(not that I hardly drink,but wanted to know)..

Me at the minute I know I have about 10 stones to lose..so most days I just feel like rubbish!
my back hurts,hips hurt and my heels on feet....just yuk!

Do you ever get days when you feel GOD what have I done..or do you feel its the best thing you have ever done?
please tell me all the bad things and good things,and if anyone can help with my questions(I might get a nights sleep..haha...
Please can you lovely people help..I thank you in advance...it really will make a huge difference to me...xxx
Hi

Had my operation with Mr. Ammori three weeks ago. I feel excellent. My blood sugars are much better and I have more energy. I was sore for 48 hrs and then uncomfortable for another day or two, but nothing major. I am drinking tea and coffee as I like. No regrets at all.

Hi,
Just noticed this post was brought up from new members,
So wanted to update it as I sounded sooo worried about my operation I had done back in sept last year!

Well I feel bloody GREAT !!
I feel ......
Healthier,
Run upstairs
Bend/tie my shoes and not pass out
Walk without panting
Back pain so much better
Go on kiddies slides!my bottom fits!
Not eclipse my kids with my bottom,
Exercising is enjoyable now
Food not ruling my life!
I've gone from 26 clothes to 16
And I've got a life!!!

I could go on and on but I'd be here all day.
Ive had times where I've been camped out over the toilet,and it's been tough learning my new way of eating.
And it still can be hard,but there's definetly no way I'd change anything for the world.

I'm finally living the life I've always wanted xxxxxxxx

Great thread. Really informative, inspirational and reassuring- and well done Emma Louise- you have shrunk loads !!!

I'm finally living the life I've always wanted xxxxxxxx

How wonderful that you can say that - congratulations. I hope to be in your shoes soon x

This is fantastic that you have a good outcome and I have enjoyed reading thought the thread and hopefully picked up some tips.

Just asking, if you have the time, can you answer some of your own questions, (as others had done with a different colour font after the question. I am interested to know in your hair loss story, and whether you weight foods, dumping etc. It would be a good insight as you asked the original questions... Thanks trisha

Thank you to everyone who's left a message on this post,
I'm hoping in some small way it may have helped anybody considering surgery.
As I know it can be a very worrying time,with many questions going around in your head!

Take care everyone xxx

Hi trisha,

That's a good idea about answering some of my own questions, I'll do that when I able,although I'm not sure I know how to colour code the answers,as I'm not very good with computers!

Speak soon x

Back