• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating in Indian restaurant

westiedog

Tonight I am eating out for the first time since my band. Going with other half so he knows I can't eat much on the menu. I'm on the purée stage so was thinking Bombay potatoes - well chewed. Any other suggestions are welcome. Many thanks x

Well they didn't have lentil dhal. I had two tablespoons of vegetable korma which I squished with my fork and chewed and chewed. Was nice to taste some real food for a change x

So did you order something or have some of hubby's?
Ordered the veg korma. He had chicken vindaloo and the rest of my korma. X

Oh right haha, wondered what you did with the rest. At the moment my hubby is not very happy with me having surgery, I do wonder how he'll cope going out for meals and me having to leave most of what I have ordered. Been trying to find some posts about eating out.

Glad you enjoyed your korma :) love Indian food xx

The waiter did look at me a bit strangely as the plate was massive and with two tablespoons of curry on it :8855: . It was tasty. The weird this is that since I have had my band, so far I have never felt hungry at all but when I do eat I don't feel full either. Has anyone else felt like this?. Its like my whole eating/digestive system has shut down. x

The waiter did look at me a bit strangely as the plate was massive and with two tablespoons of curry on it :8855: . It was tasty. The weird this is that since I have had my band, so far I have never felt hungry at all but when I do eat I don't feel full either. Has anyone else felt like this?. Its like my whole eating/digestive system has shut down. x

Im 4&1/2 weeks post bypass and still have not felt hungry so don't worry and I did f feel hungry until I started on different textures x

I eat out a bit but stick to kids meals or a starter! My sleeve doesnt like spicey food so no curry for me!! It likes bbq sauce though!!
My husband assists me with my food too, or I take it for the dog!!

Ask for a doggy bag and take home what you don't eat :) That's what I do :)

Glad you enjoyed it but I agree, get a doggie bag. You don't want to become a feeder for your OH :D

Lentil dahl is usually a side dish, so a perfect size for banders.

I take a Tupperware take away box with me! .... My friends are used to it now! Lol..... I've had veggie curry, and on Friday night it was mushroom stroganoff..... I have them next day or pop them in the freezer for when I carnt be bothered to cook. :)

Back