• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

eating normally?

Neeta

Just wanted to ask you guys who have followed the Milk Diet prior to surgery if you were told that you could eat normally the day before your surgery?

At work today (I work at the hospital I am having my surgery at) I went on to the ward for some nice cold water and just happen to ask the sister on the ward if I could bring some food in on the evening of my operation such as fruit or jelly from my diet and I was told that I could eat normally on the day before my surgery.

Was anyone else told this and if so, did you do it?

just to say Neeta my ops on the same day as yours but I don't go in until 7.15am, so good luck I will be thinking of you x

just to say Neeta my ops on the same day as yours but I don't go in until 7.15am, so good luck I will be thinking of you x

Thank you, and you too. I am first on the list which is about 8.30, but not sure why I have to be in the night before - oh well, I am just doing as I have been told. xx

No 'normal' eating at all for me. it seems very strange advice ,because if you consume carbs the day before you'll retain fluid, and regain some glycogen I think. That means a bigger liver. I'd phone the dietician for clarification.

i have been told to stop my pre op diet the day before and have just clear fluids til my op the next day ,with a severe warning not to be tempted to eat as it could ruin all the work ive done on the 2 week liver shrinkage ,,id say, dont listen to her ,dont risk it ,x,,,,,good luck ,,,,,,,,,x,

Back