• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well thats put a stop to my gallop!

mandym1

I called my team today to ask what exercise I could do at the gym. I'm only 4 weeks out today and have recovered really well. I walked 3.5 miles on Saturday no problem. I wasnt expecting to be told I could do weights or sit ups or anything like that but maybe some gentle swimming, walking on the treadmill or even toning tables. I was told in no incertain terms that I should not be doing any exercise until 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. I explained I had been walking and she said gentle walking is fine but nothing else.. My walk on Saturday was anything but gentle! Oh well have to do as I'm told and wait a couple more weeks. I'm sure they did a labaotomy on me at the same time as my bypass.. ME!! disappointed because I cant go the gym???? Who knew!

Oh bum! I've been searching for an exercise bike since I saw your posts and it looks like I'm way too premature then.
You'll have to get a doctors note to suspentd your gym membership for a month then?

Oh bum! I've been searching for an exercise bike since I saw your posts and it looks like I'm way too premature then.
You'll have to get a doctors note to suspentd your gym membership for a month then?

No I will just leave it to run. I got a great deal so I'm still quids in should be ok to start using it in a couple of weeks x

Raring to go eh?lol

I am Maz I'm lost without my food and wine so need to fill my time with other things. Never thought I would be so anxious to get to a gym. I went before and got my membership card and a guided tour its just fab! Great for just a pamper day and a chill out even without the exercise.

Back