• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too much

hi everyone. i think my pouch is bigger!! and now i am stressed. i am just over two weeks post op and on friday went onto soft foods. i eat one weetabix for breakfast, for lunch today i had about half a john west lunch bowl thingy, then for dinner i had two small french toast with dairylea and a slice of thin ham on each. i have only been sick once on first day of soft food and ate some mash too fast, was only a little bit that came up but i have had no aversion to any foods yet. what if they didnt make my pouch small enough! i dont know what i would do if this dosnt work! it is stressing me out now! :(

Becky don't worry. Your pouch is supposed to feel bigger after a little time. Its smaller at first because of swelling. I'm sure you aren't eating too much. You're doing great! I don't get soft foods till I'm 5 weeks out!

Haha re the fattening of the dog!! I don't have a dog so I'm afraid it's hubby who gets my leftovers! We were testing various scales this morning for accuracy and his weight first thing in the morning was the same as his weight Friday afternoon after lunch, so that's a gain in my book!

hi everyone. i think my pouch is bigger!! and now i am stressed. i am just over two weeks post op and on friday went onto soft foods. i eat one weetabix for breakfast, for lunch today i had about half a john west lunch bowl thingy, then for dinner i had two small french toast with dairylea and a slice of thin ham on each. i have only been sick once on first day of soft food and ate some mash too fast, was only a little bit that came up but i have had no aversion to any foods yet. what if they didnt make my pouch small enough! i dont know what i would do if this dosnt work! it is stressing me out now! :(

i went through the same feelings as you - I even wondered if they had done anything at all inside, You do seem to be eating hard foods a bit quick, but if your team told you to then you must be ok. If you are really worried, give them a quick ring, ask them the size of your pouch, i think usually its 30ml, and thats a size of a petite filous pot - i always imagine that size when i am eating, and think how much of chewed food would fit, xx

I can still only manage 3/4 of a wheetabix, but I think thats because, firstly I stop eating it when i get that far, and secondly - i dont really like them ! x

i went through the same feelings as you - I even wondered if they had done anything at all inside, You do seem to be eating hard foods a bit quick, but if your team told you to then you must be ok. If you are really worried, give them a quick ring, ask them the size of your pouch, i think usually its 30ml, and thats a size of a petite filous pot - i always imagine that size when i am eating, and think how much of chewed food would fit, xx

I can still only manage 3/4 of a wheetabix, but I think thats because, firstly I stop eating it when i get that far, and secondly - i dont really like them ! x
I agree i actually measure my food wiv a petote filo yog pot as scared of over eating and was told that was a guide to my pouch size ,im surprised also by the hard foods that early on as im on puree for another week yet ,then seeing my surgeon the day i start soft foods, i wud also contact your team for advise xx

Back