• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too much

anna2131

Hi I'm 17 days post op been fe days on purée food and was told to try to eat 6 times a day brekky I have ready brek /0ats so simple,snack 1 light laughing cow,lunch usually cauliflower cheese/ fish or chicken .. Snack laughing cow again ,tea chicken mixed veg !! Supper is usually petit filo yog .. I'm losing 1lb a day but still feel scared im eating too much as seems a lot of food!! I'm following my sheet but still worryingx x

it's taken me ages to be able to eat everything i should and still now i can't get it all in especially with having the drinking rule 30 mins either way etc etc , but it does seem quite a lot to me but someone with more bypass experience will know better, you are doing well losing wise though so it can't be that wrong xx

looks like you are doing great hun xx

Sounds fine to me! Approx how much ready brek or oats so simple do you eat? The foods you're eating sound great too. Just relax and go with it. x

I'm not sure how they do it there, but my surgeon told me that they cut the stomach differently now and it can't ever stretch out. I wonder if they do that there too. That made me feel so much better!

As has been said, it depends on quantities. How much chicken and veg, how much cauliflower cheese etc? If you're saying each meal is the size of a yogurt pot, or half, or whatever, that's fine, if it's a full plate full each time, even a side plate, that's quite a lot, particularly this soon post op.

Why do you make a whole packet of oat so simple? I make up half a pack each time, saves wastage, as I can use the other half next time.

Don't forget to vary your diet so that you get a decent mix of nutrients.
Sounds to me like you are eating the right things but as others have said, how much are you eating at one sitting.
Also don't forget that you have malabsorption and that will be helping with the weight loss. Don't be too stingy with yourself, eat the things that you like but eat them in tiny amounts.
Good luck with your journey.
Lynne xx

As has been said, it depends on quantities. How much chicken and veg, how much cauliflower cheese etc? If you're saying each meal is the size of a yogurt pot, or half, or whatever, that's fine, if it's a full plate full each time, even a side plate, that's quite a lot, particularly this soon post op.

Why do you make a whole packet of oat so simple? I make up half a pack each time, saves wastage, as I can use the other half next time.

Lol as I share the other half wiv the dog as his spoilt and gives me the big brown eyes lol x x

Lol as I share the other half wiv the dog as his spoilt and gives me the big brown eyes lol x x
Lol well thats the best excuse I ever heard! My dog would be disgusted if I gave her that :( "Its got no meat in it mummy :eek:!!!"
Sounds like your doing great hun, congrats!

If your following your diet sheet then all will be well. Its impossible to overeat at your stage you simply wont be able to get it in. When you get to normal food you will feel the difference and its harder to eat the high protein type foods.

Just make sure you stick with the foods given on your sheet and drink plenty of fluids and try to relax....easier said than done I know, but you really are doing it right and your progressing well.

Congratulations and enjoy your new adventure :):)

Anna hun - you doing great xx I know how you feel though , I can manage A cup of soup if its blended and I think that is too much!! However my dinners are only in a small ramekin - so would be either 1 - 2 desrert spoon Shepards Pie, Corn beef hash -meat casserole - chilli with 1 sml floret broccoli and cauliflower - some times can manage it all sometimes not x as long as is healthy and protein rich you have nothing to worry about - as said before you cant overeat at this stage hun our pouches wouldnt allow us too xx It's our heads we need to educate but that will take time - as we adjust to our new plumbing xx

You're not the only one with a dog staring at you during meal times Anna. Mine has taken to waiting patiently now because he knows I rarely finish my food and scrape the leftovers into his bowl! He has definately "filled out" a bit. I used to rollock the kids for feeding him left overs, now I'm the guilty one!

Back