• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EMOTIONAL

Nicnac_

I've known I've wanted to this and not had any doubts but I'm so emotional today can't stop crying. Is this normal?

Had my op on Friday

yes its normal, i had this from 2 weeks to 3 weeks post op, felt horrid just cried and cried for nothing, i asked on here and the reply i got was it normal

No wonder you are crying. You are ending a difficult phase of your life and entering unknown territories. Whilst I have been big (almost all of my adult life) I have modified my behaviour, relationships, working path, everything to fit in with my size. I am absolutely clear on one thing and that is that I am excited that my shape is going to change and I will not have people staring at me and feeling awful about myself, but that I am absolutely terrified about what this means about how life will be once I am no longer big.

You've done amazingly well - you've got through the op and you are ready to rock and roll. Let the tears flow and then get on with the party xx

Yes all normal. Just take it a day at a time.

Don't worry. It's normal to feel like this after any sort of operation let alone this one.

But this one in particular is emotional and in some ways 'confusing'. All the lead up and 'adrenaline' rush - and then it's over. Despite the planning of what we can do after the op, we are very much focused on the op/op date itself.

Plus, in my case anyway, post-op can be very daunting and I know it's my 'fault'. I spent so long saying 'if I was thin' & 'after my op' I will be able to do ...... and now I AM post op I've put the pressure on myself to live up to it!!

As everyone has said l am sure this is normal, this time next week , l could be feeling just like you, after building up for my op last Monday, l just want it done now.
Everything l read on this site is so positive and this just keeps me going.
Take care.x

I think most if us have cried before or after. It's either worry before or shear relief afterwards. Enjoy your journey, it's worth a few tears here and there x

Thanks everyone - I'm glad to be home and the tears have flowed! I can't wait for the new me. I have focused on the op day itself and now that's gone the journey starts here makes sense as to why tears have been flowing

Yep, post op blues like baby blues the emotional reaction to the pre-op build up & your expectations. It should pass in a few days or weeks at most if it continues to long go to your team or gp for help. But it usually disappears once the anaesetic is totally out if your system.

Yep, post op blues like baby blues the emotional reaction to the pre-op build up & your expectations. It should pass in a few days or weeks at most if it continues to long go to your team or gp for help. But it usually disappears once the anaesetic is totally out if your system.

Thanks - hope your right x

It's normal to feel the way you do... It will all get better..x

I had my op on Tuesday and I was the same on the Thursday I was very teary I think I was scared of not knowing what's going to happen and also happy it was over and I was starting my new life, im now 6 days post op and feeling loads better glad ur op went well just take it easy and don't worry about being emotional it's normal plus we are women lol xx

Back