• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling down

Paula1975

Here again, feeling down, and emotional, been crying all day today,and no reason why, thank god i'm off work this week. i have my 6 month check up wednesday, may mention it there, if nothing i will see gp this week. i live with my grandad, which can be very trying at times, as doesnt go out now, and can sometimes be confused, and forgetful. i think i might make a gps appt anyway, i have very bad nights sleeping sometimes, do you think its all related?

Awwhun does sound like too much with ur grandad stress can be an awful thing. Just another thought dont knowif u are married or have a partner pregnancy can make you very tearful too!!!! you have lost alot of weight you have done really well. xx

You're doing the right thing speaking to your GP about it sweetheart. Post bypass we go through massive changes and whilst we are busy using our energy shrinking we have to continue to meet the needs of our every day lives to. this really can deplete our energy- and our serotonin. If you need a little medical help then take it. You have a lot on being responsible for grandad.
For sleep try a little walk a couple of hours before bed, making sure that the bedroom is tidy and dark and have a drink of Clipper Night time infusion ( herbal tea) before bed. This might help a little. If you are depressed though, it will only really improve after a couple of weeks of anti depressants.
If your gp doesnt' think you need anti depressants ask him/her about taking St Johns Wort which is a natural herb that helps lift/stabilise mood. I don't know if it is suitable pot op though.
Good luck , and please let us know how you get on.

I don't sleepvery well at all some nights better than others, if i go to bed and still awake after an hour I get back upand come downstairs usually on here, until am tired, then am tired getting up and through the day. Vicious circle really.xx

Hope you get things sorted soon.

I have almost given up going to bed as my port is so uncomfortable I can't sleep. It really gets me down, coupled with the really nasty-man cosmetic surgeon that I saw 10 days ago, thus has not been a good time. Am struggling not to stray into old ways and emotional eat.

I hope you feel better soon Paula xxx the doc should be able to help , do you get help with grandad even an afternoon just relaxing by yourself might help xxx take care

From what I've read it sounds like depression, but could be over reading the nhs website.

I work full time in retail which isn't the most stress free of jobs , I then go back home, to grandad. Some days are good, some are bad with him, he gets confused, forgetful. And no longer goes out so getting shopping daily, my uncle comes up when he can, and my mum, well only comes when she has too, if u have read other posts, she struggles to walk, and relies on my dad who is not the best of people. And I wish she would do what I did, but maybe she thinks she is too old at 60 to do it.

Appt booked for thurs morning with gp, seeing surgeon tomorrow for check up, may bring this up too

Maybe she just isn't ready to change hon. We had our ostrich time - your mum may never find the willpower to change.

Had a good check up, got called a star, but on the way back was really tearful, I think I just need to lay things on the line with doc Tomorrow about the way I feel, I did ask if it was common about depression after op, and one of the questions on checklist was about sleeping, of which I'm not

You are a star for doing so well, hopefully we might meet up next week at the get together. Helenx

well went to gp this morning, had a really bad night last night, he has put me on fluoxetine 20mg, says it will take the edge off, he didnt want to give me sleeping tablets, because of my age, but if i still have problems sleeping he may give a few nights worth. so here goes

Well done Hun, I finally admitted I needed help & was given the same as you now up to 40mg a day with the option of 60mg if I don't feel better soon. I have disturbed nights & have had for over 20yrs but at the moment its certainly not helping me cope. Give them a while at least 2wks to kick in.

Hope it helps soon xx

I am really at the same stage but trying to avoid the medication route the closer I get to my redundancy date and no job offer the more giddy I get. I giggle a lot when I get like that but folks think I am happy I am in some ways but it is building to the point of histeria. After tomorrow there will be only 2 of us left, n she has an interview and I have nothing at all yet!!!!! GUna have to calm down and get myself sorted this week when I am off due for my B12 on Tuesday morning so that should help. xx

Hi Christa. I have been made redundant and felt the same. It's a normal feeling and grieving process. You go through a high for a short time as you will see a new challenge and then a low when reality hits.
I just wanted to say, it's normal. Google a redundancy change curve.
I left orange in darlo in 2009. Been with the nhs since and still miss orange. I haven't really got to grips with the nhs do my aim after this op is to get a new job. On the plus side I now only work part time, would never have done that at Orange and this is all I would ever consider now.
I speak up people and they say orange isn't the sake anymore, so I need to stop "grieving" for a company and job that doesn't exist and move on.
Best of luck looking for a new challenge and I am sure it's just around the corner!! Xx

I took redundancy before I was pushed, it has totally worked out for the better for me so hope it does for you too x

Best of luck Paula, depression came back to me about 6 months post op, the initial high wears off and you remember life she has to be lived. It's very hard to adjust to that, especially when things are hard, hope the tablets take the edge off and things start to look better xx

Thankyou ladies its good to know i can over come this period of instability, i appreciate it, xxx

Chrisa you are an amazing person & been there for me so often. Don't ever forget that the redundancy is not your fault or lack of ability to do your job but a result of bullying & a hidden agenda on the schools part. Take time to heal & repair your self confidence & self worth. That is hard while you are still in that intolerable position of redundant in all bar fact, having to work until the end of the financial year which is cruel beyond belief.
You've got my contact details Hun here if you need me & as you said to me asking for help isn't a weakness its a sign of how strong you are. Ask for help Hun & give yourself the cushion you need to cope with this nightmare, with luck soon you'll have another job to go to & can start to come off them again with you GP'S help.

Back