• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

excercise

suesian

hi i had my bypass last monday and feel great can anyone please tell me when it is safe to start excercising i am missing wii dance so much lol but i dont want to push things and mess up i am walking a fair bit but would like a bit more,
thank-you:D

I think it is just walking for the first 6 weeks. Then gradually increase the exercise. I could be wrong and am sure someone else with more experience will be along soon.

Hiya, I had my surgery last Monday too, and there is no way I could do any sort of exercise lol, mind you I am 53 and not very mobile to be honest. However went shopping last night and was absolutely shattered, had to have a sit down at the end while OH packed the bags. How are you coping with the food/liquids? xxx

I'm with Sharron, i think you be looking at at least 6 weeks before you started serious exercise - have you tried ringing your provider and asking their advice re guidelines for exercise? I'm sure they will be more than happy to help :)

And massive congrats for having the energy just over a week post op to want to get on the Wii lol xx

I was told I needed to wait at least 6 weeks.

hi jan doing fine on the liquid diet i have weight watchers soup with the bits out im 48 and have over 16 stone to loose in all but 1 at a time will be fine. did you have keyhole surgery? hope your feeling a lot better very soon

Hi Suesian, can i be cheeky and ask you to fill in your profile please? You can do this by clicking on User CP at the top of the page.

It's really helpful to us when we read your posts exactly where you are coming from and what type of surgery you have had or hope to have! If like me you were a bit wary about announcing your starting weight to the world (this doesn't last long on here, the embarassment i mean) then don't put it on.... Just know that this is probably the most unjudgemental sites on the net and we are all in the same boat. If you have any queries or questions please oh please ask them however trivial or silly you may think they are, because seriously someone else won't have thought of it and it really can help others :)

Also in case you don't know most privileges like pm's etc kick in after 50 posts, a good place to boost your posts is on the 'word association' thread...

Am so looking forward to hearing how your journey is going, the liquid stage soon passes and you'll be on the solids soon xx

Back