• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can i excercise

laidlaw70

Six Month Post Op
Hi everyone. I had my gastric bypass on 28 may 2010 and am new to this site. I have lost 3 stone so far but feel i need to step up the excercise. Does anyone know when i can start going to the gym and what i can do. Also can i use those vibration plates.:d

Hi welcome. I'm new so sorry can't help with your question but i'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon to help. Well done on your loss so far :)

i would suggest you speak to your team but i think the general rule is 3 months x

I think your best advice is to speak to your team, although i rang my bariatric nurse yesterday as i want to get on my bike and she said i could as long as i wasn't doing abdominal exercises and drank plenty before, during and after. She also questioned if my wound had healed up etc. I had an open bypass June 10th.

But as i said and others will say too, ask your team, it takes two minutes to call them and you will have peace of mind.

Also maybe speak to a trainer there, you wont want to be doing exercise that will be building muscle just yet will you? Sorry but as your profile isn't very full i can't tell if your a man or a woman! If your a man you may well want the Schwarzenegger look lol x

Hi there, I had my bypass a week before you. I was given the go head to start swimming after 6 weeks and I've been going to the gym for the last 4 weeks. I can't imagine you'll have any problem, but you should just check with your team as we're all different !

hi rose, ive been swimming to but feel i need to do more. i phoned my team yest and was told i could do some stuff in the gym but don,t do anything to use stomach muscles. I think u use stomach muscles for most things though. i was told to make sure things have healed. How have u meant to know if ur insides have healed?

hi rose, ive been swimming to but feel i need to do more. i phoned my team yest and was told i could do some stuff in the gym but don,t do anything to use stomach muscles. I think u use stomach muscles for most things though. i was told to make sure things have healed. How have u meant to know if ur insides have healed?

Good point ! I guess it might hurt ? I haven't had any trouble though.

Back