• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Failed Pre-op.

Shadylawns

The surgeon will not operate on me as I've gained 3kgs since November last year.

They need me to show commitment. I'm finding it sooo difficult.

So I now feel exceptionally stupid, a failure (again) and very sheepish. I don't want any sympathy, it just shows how strict they are.

I have to give it a couple of days then call the surgeon's secretary and see if we can rearrange something further down the line.

I've let me and others down. I'm going to hibernate for a bit until I can get my head out of the shed!

:(
xxx

Bummer, my hospital was equally as strict, you have to get your head back in the game and try again. It sounds like they haven't ruled it out completely just at the minute.

Hope you can get back into the right place.

Well, I know you don't want sympathy but I am sorry to hear that :( Did they give you a target weight or weight loss that you had to hit for the meeting (which was today I assume)? All is not lost - you'll get there x x x

So sorry hun. At least they haven't washed their hands of you and are giving you thinking space to contemplate what needs to be done. The only person you have let down is yourself and you will be beating yourself up enough without us and docs doing it.
Ok go contemplate. Look at things honestly and seriously and take it from there. Good luck xx

Right ,positive thoughts, focus and away you go, you won't miss the next chance. Its too important to throw away. Have a good cry start and write it all down thats where you really see what you been eating. Cut crabs right down plenbty fluids and up the protein with fruit n veg as well. You have the tools use them. Hows that for no sympathy. Really I want to give ya big cuddle but its not what you need right now, need to get your head back on track. But you know that anyway we are heree if you need us. You ARE not the 1st and won't be the last for this to happen. Comeon chin up bestfoot forward xx

Sunderland are strict. I had to get to my 'fighting weight' - ie what I was at the last weigh-in before my pre-op as I'd put on over the Xmas holidays. Have a go at the pre-op diet to give you a boost - Sunderland said I only needed to do 10 days but I did mine for 18 and I lost 10lbs.

Whilst I have deep sympathy for your case and really hope you will be given, and will take another chance to do your part, I am really impressed that the NHS are now taking a harder line with pre op patients. Maybe this way they will achieve higher overall goal achievement and maintenance figures, or at least reduce the money wasted on those who are not ready to, or who are not prepared to do their bit to make WLS a success. Well done them

3kg isn't that much u can do it! My consultant wonts me to lose 4st 6lbs before he will put me forward for funding! I've done 3st just the last bit now. U can do it b positive! :) x

The others are right - you can do this. This is an opportunity to work out what you did wrong and look a your triggers. Why did you gain the 3 kg? What situations led you to put the wrong things in your mouth?

big breath, dig deep and start tomorrow with a clear plan. Have faith and prove to yourself that you are worth it!! Xxxx

OMG am so sorry shadylady. Massive hugs but like everyone says. tomorrow is another day, get ya head into gear am sure you will do it x

Poor you.
Let this be a salutary lesson to others pre-op who are taking a chance by not concentrating on losing and maintaining their weight loss prior to surgery.

So get back on the horse love. Good luck xx

Thanks for all your kind replies xx. I'm taking a few days out until my hubby flies off back to his job, then...round two!

Xx

Sad to hear this, but I'm sure you'll be bouncing back and shedding that measly 3kg in no time. Just think, with a bit of luck it will be the last 'diet' you have to do.

I won't give sympathy (only because you don't want it lol)...but I truely understand. If my team of doctors were that strict, believe when I say that surgery would not have happened. In a way I kinda wish they were, it definately would have taught me more discipline. But I'm also greatful for them going ahead and doing it. I needed this to stop me cold turkey... It has its pros and cons. But you can do it and don't be too hard on yourself.

Back