• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat yanks say 'no thanks' to Jamie.

You can't argue with his advice. It's sound.

But Americans, as people, are very different and react differently to being 'told' what to do.

I haven't seen that programme but I did see the ones he did over here. I don't think he behaves like food police, I always think he acts more like an advisor. As long as people are ultimately free to make their own decisions I don't see a problem with a bit of education.

The reaction of the residents of that town probably says more about them than his behaviour. When we believe we are doing something wrong we often get defensive about the prospect of change, I know I do!

Good on him for having a go I say.

bless him

I think sometimes in life you have to empower people to help themselves... but, they will only support change they understand and want. As someone said on his programme, some of them have never cooked something from scratch. We are a nation of fast food and able to get anything frozen that will whip in the microwave...

Good luck Jamie, ya cheeky chappy xx

Ahh, he means well but me being American and coming from a Southern Fried Family I can see he REALLY had his work cut out for him with that lot. When I was little, I ate McDs so often that I called it home much to my mom's dismay! Poor Jamie, he chose a really tough battle ground and it looks like the bulge one this one unfortunately. America really could use a wake-up call, I am second generation fast-food junkie but America has spawn 3rd & 4th generations who don't know what a from scratch meal looks like! Somebody has to do something about it, I vote for a bossy Brit!:eek:

It will do no harm to bring him down a peg or two! Like Mr. Ramsey, they should remember their day-job and ease off all this mass self-promotion. Please remember that none of them are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts!! Financial gain is really what this is all about - Regards, Paul

Absolutely true ChefClay. Jamie, lovely chat that he is, also has a mortgage to pay and large family to raise, so it is work, work, work. People who live on a diet of fast food, whether in healthy Switzerland, mid-healthy UK, or rather unhealthy US aren't stupid and they know the dangers of processed food. Processed food, in moderation, is ok once in a while, but it is mainly the fat content and additives that is so bad. For instance a burger with minimum fat without cheese and mayo, and with salad is fine, but not the fully laden BKs and McDs with fries etc. What gets me is how people who live on processed food and take-aways can afford to buy them, as they are very expensive, and I certainly can't afford take-aways and I have a good wage coming in. Junk food is addictive, and once that addiction is broken it is easier to carry on. eg., years ago I had to have 3 Mars a day, but once the cycle of addiction is broken then chocolate is not missed. Everything in moderation is the key.

Back