• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fattest on the beach

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
OMG dont know where to start my husband decided to put the video camera on a dvd yesterday and we watched it as it copied, well we were in Newquay in cornwall in July last year and I was on the beach with my 3 kids and me and my 2 daughters were walking to the sea with hubby videoing and OMG it was the back of me, I was wearing a white gypsy skirt to my calf and a turquoise long vest type top it was boiling hot and flipping heck I was the biggest on the beach. I made my 2 girls look tinier than they are. I know that I am almost 2 stone lighter but I am massive. I am bigger than anyone I know ! Do you know sometimes you look at other people and think they are fatter than me !!! well i am wrong i am always wrong....
I thought that another woman in the school playground was bigger than me and well she's not !
I hate having piccies taken etc.. but i think a video camera is much worse it shows every angle !
Well role on WLS and I never ever want to look like that again !
:mad:

I had an experience like this a couple of weeks ago when viewing the christmas photos.

I usually hide from the camera and there are not too many recent pictures of me but anyway, I was on a couple of the christmas snaps and i was horrified.

I dont know why it came as such a shock. I know how heavy I am and I do look in the mirror when I get dressed each morning. I do try (well most of the time) to make an effort with my hair and make up... and I actually thought on Christmas morning as I was getting ready to go out that I looked quite nice.

When I saw these photo's I was actually reduced to tears. I decided ages ago that WLS was for me - but it was specifically for health reasons up until that point as I want to stop feeling breathless and to not be constantly in pain with either my knees or my back. But that moment was horrible. I wondered what on earth my husband could possibly see in me, and I felt truly hideous. I know that my children adore me and I dont think Im an embarrassment to them, but Im ashamed to say if I was a child, and that was my mum I would have been so ashamed. That doesnt make me a nice person, I know, but its truthful and its really shocked me to my core.

SO as you say, roll on WLS. I cannot wait to change my appearance and to become a positive role model for my children.

I know I read your post and i replied as i feel exactly the same
Last week I went to the doctirs about the hair treatment that had been mentioned on here and it was at 3.20 so I left 2 of my children with my mum and collected the eldest from school and had to take her with me. I said to her when we got in the car that what had been said was to be between me and her (she is 6 lol and has a way of telling the world what goes on at home !!!)
I asked her if she would like a thin mum her reply was No I like you the way you are, I explained that mummy would be happier if she were thinner, she said that the thin mums at school wernt happy !!!!
I feel like you do, why are my kids not ashamed to walk to school with me or be seen out with me, I tell them I dont go swimming due to my weight and they just dont get it !! I know that love with kids is unconditional and thats how i feel about them but they must see that i dont look like many of the other mums. My 2 girls 6 and 4 are constantly telling me I am beautiful lol, probably thats because i tell them it 200 times a day haha !
I too get ready and think I look quite nice actually and my hubby thinks so - god knows how he can love me I woudlnt fancy him if he was as fat as me - but i wont tell him that !!!
I wil lhave to brave the camera and ask him if he will take soe pictures at least they will show me next year what i looked like now and "hopefully" there will be a massive difference.
xxx

iv always seen what i want to see when i look in the mirror it wasnt untill i saw a pic of myself i thought oh s**t!! il load it if i can GetAttachment.jpg

when you notice your the same size as 2 people it comes as a shock:( but this pic started my journey so it helped

Isn't it a shame that we can't see ourselves as others see as though? Our children's and our partners loving us just because of who we are to them. It is a shame that we all spend so much time worrying about how we look. We do, I do, but sometimes I think it would be a better world if we didn't have to judge ourselves so harshlyl.

No way is that you OMG you have done so well pat yourslef on yor very narrow back right now.
You look very similar in size on that to me whan i saw myself on the vid I woudl have been 20stone 5ish.
I am so embarrased i thought i looked like a babe in my white size 24 M&S gypsy skirt - obviously not !!!
Well done I cant wait to be where you are nor can many of us I know but at the moment it seems like a dream that wont come true.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You look amazing serenity - esp with your sexy new hair !!!!

serenity - I hope this is taken not as it is going to sound but you look fab in your new piccie (and your old of course x) and have lots of weight still to lose, according to your ticker , so was the picture at your heaviest and you had already lost quite a bit or is it after the 18kg you have lost (which I know is also alot and is fab xx)
xx
helen

Isn't it a shame that we can't see ourselves as others see as though? Our children's and our partners loving us just because of who we are to them. It is a shame that we all spend so much time worrying about how we look. We do, I do, but sometimes I think it would be a better world if we didn't have to judge ourselves so harshlyl.

well said Barb x

serenity - I hope this is taken not as it is going to sound but you look fab in your new piccie (and your old of course x) and have lots of weight still to lose, according to your ticker , so was the picture at your heaviest and you had already lost quite a bit or is it after the 18kg you have lost (which I know is also alot and is fab xx)
xx
helen

this is the ly place im truely honest bout my weight only my best friend dr and you lot know i was 25.5st when that was taken iv now lost about 3 of that so im still huge just great with camera angles lmao!! iv gone from a 28 to about a 24 now 22 top and ty for the lovely compliments i think iv always looked skinny well not skinny but hell not like a beached whale but i was just deluding myself i still do to a degree it x

Well serenity I have to say you look fab, i wish I coudl get a good camera angle LOL
I am now 18 stone 8 and have to say that on my piccie at newquay I looked around 25 - 30 stone with this gypsy skirt on massive bum hips all ripples down my back - I am so embarassed I bet everyone was looking at me.
but hey thats the past and its not about that now, next time I will be talk of teh beach it will be coz my g string is see through LOL !!!!!!!! I am joking honest, I would never buy a see through one hahahahaha xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx rolling on floor laughing

Back