• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

walk on beach, St Michael's Mount

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hi everyone
Well, I am pleased that I have tonight managed a walk along the beach with OH and my two springers. I have rarely ventured out for the last few years, and since my op four weeks ago, seem to have retreated further into my shell, as haven't wanted to go outside the house at all :sigh:. (could be because I stopped taking my anti-d tablets as the liquid form was so vile, and I can't take tablets again yet - does it take about three to four weeks to get out of system?).
Anyway, for those of you that might know Cornwall, I live in Penzance, and the beach is just down the road from me, with the beautiful St Michaels Mount right by it. :):)
Am feeling proud that I managed it, although my back is really killing me now, and I can't take my usual diclofenac since the op.
It's at times like just now on the beach that I realise how lucky I am to have been born and bred down here (St Ives), and live so near our beautiful beaches and scenery.
Just wanted to share with you guys before getting a milky coffee and going to bed :)

Hi there

I been on that beach and st Michaels mount is gorgeous view.

you go Jan, give yourself a pat on the back :happy096:

What a beautiful part of the world Jan many a happy holiday i had in Devon and Cornwall. A big well done on having the courage to get out again, the first time is always the hardest so lets hope its easier for you nest time. With regards to anti d tabs what they told me to do with mine was split the capsule and put the powder into some yoghart, not the nicest but better than the liquid. If you can try that it would mean that you wouldn't have to wait for them to take effect when you return to swallowing tablets again x

We went to St Michaels Mount when we were in Cornwall at Easter. Its so lovely in that part of the world, you are incredibly lucky to have that on your doorstep.

Glad you enjoyed your walk Jan. Keep up the great work x

Congrats on the walking.
You live in a beautiful part of the world. Would come and join you if I could (my name might give you a clue where I want to live LOL)

Jan... that is an amazing walk and you have done well... my plan is to try and walk around Snowdonia... local to me... doesn't it make you feel good to get going under your own steam!
Much love and take care xxx

ooo well done sweetpea!! you ve done brilliantly excercise makes you feel so good hey, and esp when your not use to doing it makes you feel like you ve achieved so much! you should be proud! x

Jan... that is an amazing walk and you have done well... my plan is to try and walk around Snowdonia... local to me... doesn't it make you feel good to get going under your own steam!
Much love and take care xxx

My neighbour ran :eek::eek: YES!!! RAN!!! up Snowdon a couple of weeks ago for charity.
Walking would do me LOL

Wendy, I spend such a lot of time in nearby Snowdonia and long to be able to do a really good walk again there...a great retreat...

We are blessed with some beautiful scenery and coastal regions on our island...
Mountains and sea... Castles & St. Michaels Mount... heavenly! xxx

Hi Jan...well WOW, well done you for finding the courage to go for that walk! I hope it's the first of many. Let your new life begin!
xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Wendy, thanks for the comments, and yes I like Lamorna too, lovely place, I like the Pottery there, does lovely food, although shan't be having cream teas there any more lol xxxxx

Hi Wendy, thanks for the comments, and yes I like Lamorna too, lovely place, I like the Pottery there, does lovely food, although shan't be having cream teas there any more lol xxxxx

Yeah I am so going to miss the cream teas from Lamorna :cry::cry::cry: LOL

Back