• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up and needing encouragement

tink75

feeling really fed up today - those who know me know that i am in hospital with complications with my lungs since surgery (14th oct 09). well i was supposed to get out on monday but my SATS still werent right so they did a ct scan, i know have two drains in my stomach - one draining infection and one draining a haematoma (large collection of blood) i really just want to go home now am starting to lose my spirit and feel fed up - surely nothing else can happen:sigh:

((((big hugs ))))) to you hun, am so sorry that u r having such a hard time and i cant imagine how hard this must of been for you especially as u were all geared up to go home on Monday and you have been through so much.
Hun have you asked them how much longer u need the drains and when u might be able to be discharged.
I know it must be so hard for you and of course you must be so fed up but pls keep your spirits up and hopefully once the drains have done their jobs u will be back home in your own bed.
Hun i wish you a speedy recovery and you are soon feeling so much better.
Take care luv Roch xx

Aww babe! Chin up - it will all be over soon...you'll be home and fighting fit soon! x

wishing you the speediest of recoverys must be very dull stuck in a hosp bed il ask the angels to send a nice hunky nurse onto ward to keep you amused;)

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time hun, and hope you'll soon be right as rain again xx:D

feeling really fed up today - those who know me know that i am in hospital with complications with my lungs since surgery (14th oct 09). well i was supposed to get out on monday but my SATS still werent right so they did a ct scan, i know have two drains in my stomach - one draining infection and one draining a haematoma (large collection of blood) i really just want to go home now am starting to lose my spirit and feel fed up - surely nothing else can happen:sigh:
dogandcat.jpg
1232.gif

The British way is to stand tall in the face of adversity.

Stay strong, and think how worth it will be. Possibly more rewarding after going through all that, than for some of us guys who have had it relativly easy!

(As a bloke, I'm not too good with the oooing and arrrring, sorry!. I'll leave that to the lovley ladies on here!)

Best Wishes.
Rob

Tink I really really sympathise with you. When I was kept in for a month with lung probs, every single day I hoped they would say when I could go home and every single day I sunk a little further into despair. I used to say that it was worse than if I had been given a prison sentence caz at least prisoners get a release date!

I really dont know what to suggest to try make it better for you, its pants it really is. Has anyone got a nintendo ds or something for you to play some games on to try pass the time, If your like me your probably sick of reading magazines.

I hope this all ends for you soon and you are able to resume home and get back to the business on the losers bench I really do.

Take care Xx

btw the lung thing I had was in 2002 nowt to do with the wls!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear it's not gone to plan for you. It's not easy being in hospital.

The only bright note to it is that at least if any more problems occur, unlike some of the folks on here who have problems and cant get hold of their surgery provider, you have all the help you need to call.

You could ask for an estimate on how long you could be kept in for and at least have a goal to aim for!

I hope you get paroled soon and get home where you belong xx

Get well soon luv, you will be up and about soon im sure. Just think of this as the brick wall you have to break through to get to the greener grass of "the other side".

:) xx

thanks all - feel better tonight cause i saw my kids for the first time in 3 weeks. the nurses were amazing they got me comfy in bed and hid my drains. we have not told the boys anything that has going on so they think ive just had bellyache and needed rest. it was amazing!!!! got a scan tomorrow to see how my drains are doing - so far they have drained over a litre of old blood from one side (its no wonder i needed two blood ransfusions since being in here lol). Gail please tell john that he has been in my thoughts also and im so pleased he is on the losing side and recoving well. the support i have recieved on this site has been amazing and has supported me through the toughest journey of my life and for that i thank you all and wish you blessings xxx

Back