• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel like nothing has changed!!!

donzi84

Hi all!! well i haven't posted on here for a while now, i have quite a demanding job with long hours and to be honest found coming on here not very supportive...the reason being i had my on the 19th of November and still have no fill... in fact i have to wait until the 29th January!!! I am only 24 and healed very quick after surgery, in fact my scars are hardly noticeable, so obviously if my outside healed so quick as did my insides and along with the healing the swelling went down, i have a empty band and feels like its has been ages since the op, especially now i can practically eat what i want. loved the feeling of being full when my stomach was still swollen but now that has gone!! I feel that at the moment i am on a crash diet which i could not do alone before and im struggling now.

I wanted the op close to christmas as i thought if i can get through this i can get through anything, well i cant, i had a huge x-mas dinner, trifle, chocolates the lot and did not get any discomfort untill later and just got a little pressure from being full. I know i have no restriction but im finding it so hard. So i guess i did not find it great coming on here coz i felt so crap!! i just want my fill and i want to feel like i am in control again. i have lost 23 pounds but have a feeling my next weigh in will not be as good!! sorry to put a dampener on people's x-mas and if anyione has any advice other that cut down on your portions it would be appreciated

love :cry:

At least you have lost weight thats good

I had my op in sept i still have not had a band fill and gained all i lost pluss some (thanks Xmas lol)

I'm not expecting a fill till mid Jan (if NHS pull finger out if not ill book it myself !)

Your not the only one to feel fed up and want start losing weight but good things come to those that wait so hang in there

sorry to hear about your band fill that sucks!! i just want to feel like i did i was ever positive and now started to feel really down and depressed, i can have a fill if i am prepared to travel a few hour drive so think i will have to for my own benefit

xx

sorry to hear you are feeling so down at this time of year but think you should look on the positive side. You have lost a good amount of weight and its better off than on. Ask yourself if you would have lost that weight had you not had the band done at all. Look at the big picture, the weight did n't come on over night so it's not going to come off over night either.

I think we all have days where we want a majician to take all the weight off but we have to be realistic. I have had times where I have struggled. I had a bypass and last week I only lost a pound and I was gutted cause I thought, I've put myself through this for a pound but people here were very supportive and told me what I already knew and I was able to pick myself up and wait for the next weeks weigh in.

Coming here to this forum can be very supportive, there are people here who are in the same situation as yourself and talking to them will really help.

All the best for 2009

Alia xxx

Donzi, I think all banders go through what you are feeling right now so don't despair! It is not your fault that you don't have restriction right now. Obviously you have not been able to diet your way to thin and stay there or you wouldn't have gone for the band at all. Don't punish yourself for the fact that you struggle with weight control - all of us here do!!!! You have taken an important step towards making yourself healthy (23 pounds down is amazing) and now you have to wait until you can take the next step. You have to give yourself a bit of a break and know that this is a process and it will take many steps until you get to your goal. Chin up and best of luck with your fill, I'm sure you'll be back on your way to thin in no time.

;);););)Nic

Hey, dont be too hard on yourself. Until you get your fill you have no restriction and need willpower to lose and lets face it lack of willpower to stick to a diet plan long term is one of the reasons we had the band in the first place. I had my first fill in August (6.5ml in a 10 ml band) and managed with that and still managed to stuff myself over Christmas and gain weight - keep the bigger picture in mind - you have lost weight and have taken a huge step towards improving your life and health generally. Your band will work for you but we do have to work with them and it is not easy. You will get there in the end, so stick with it and keep smiling.

Allie cat

Did you ask for that much in your band fill?

I have spoken to a couple of people who had their band fills with spire and they had theirs filled 2mls at a time :cry:...personally I would rather cut out the journeys and have 6.5mls like you!:553:

Where did you have yours done and who was your surgeon?

Try not to despair donzi, i had my band fitted on the 13th november and dont have my first fill till saturday, and yes as you can see if you read my thread i did go a little over board, it wasnt the quantity i ate but the picking in between, which is not good. I'm not sure if there is anything in my band because i cant eat half the amount that i used to, but i know that i must stop the snacking. julie x

dont worry i think we all feel like it i had my band in sept have had 2 fills and can still eat loads im mid restriction i cant eat meat bread and alot of other things but i still dont have full restriction either but i knew going into this that it was a slow proscess im hoping my next fill will be the golden one i have only lost 6lbs in last 2 months but untill i have restriction im not too worried and iv enjoyed my xmas so i prob put a couple of lbs back on lol having the op is a life change not a quick fix thats how i look apon it

Back