• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel like pants!

I am not sure if it is just coincidence or whether it's stress related but since I had my consulation and bloods taken etc on Friday I have been ill :sick0019:

I have had the sweats, the shivers, headaches and have got conjunctivitis! Very attractive puffy sticky eye look:cry:

My husband reckons it could be a stress thing as I have waited about 4 years for my surgery, been turned down twice for the band by the pct and are now funding the band ourselves which will be tough. I have 10 days before surgery so I should be well before then. Has anyone else been ill before their op?

Hiya sweetie - I`m sure it is all stress related, sounds to me like you have been swinging through hoops, now its officially nearly here, the stress is coming out and thats why you`re feeling it.

Try to settle down before surgery. The last few days leading up to it - make sure you have everything in place so you don`t have to have any worries after i.e food shopping, washing and ironing, house cleaning kids needs etc;

And don`t forget the important one in all this!

Treat yourself to a pampering session, do it at home - a long soak in the bath with lotions and oils, with candles and a glass of wine if need be.....anything like that to destress you.

Good luck sweetheart - not too long to wait now. Relax and look after yourself hun x

Love Kat x

I know this feeling very well. I cancelled one op because I got myself in such a state and I almost didnt go for the second one. Each time I developed a cough and I know it was definitely stress related.
All I can say to put your mind at rest is that the op is really ok and you will sail trhough it. I convinced myself I was going to go to the hospital and if they wouldnt operate then that was the doctors decision and not mine. I really wanted the op so I couldnt understand why I was so stressed.
Again from my experience the band has been fantastic and I would do it again for you if I could. Just keep yourself together, get to the hospital and hang on for the ride!
Hope any of that helps
good luck
Jo XX

Back