• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do i feel like this....

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Morning all,

Last week i said i could not get a loan to pay for my gastric band, so i have decided to pay for it on credit card and get a consolidation loan in a few months, which i will be able to get. Nobody is for giving cash loans at present.

Anyway, ive been told i can have my surgery on 5th april at sheffield with Roger Ackroyd and all i need to do now is pay.

My husband is extreamly supportive but has made it clear that if this does not work, im not to go asking for a bypass.

So why have i not picked up the phone and paid and got it confirmed yet???
Ive not felt like this before, its a mixture of worry and excitement.
Im not worried about the op as yet (no doubt i will be as the date approaches like i did with child birth)
I am thinking the usual
"what if it doesnt work for me?"
"what if it changes my life too much?"
but i know everybody feel like this before surgery.

Did anybody else feel like this? i dont know why im not full steam ahead like i usually am with other things in my life.

Tomorrow ive got to start my pre-op and im not really prepared, i know its high protein low fat for 2 weeks which ive done before so i know what to eat.

Is this just nerves?

I think its probably because its such a massive outlay. It is a lot of money and if you are like me you have probably been on loads of diets and not been successful. Your inner mind is probably biting you saying 'you never succeeded before, what makes you think this will work' which is entirely wrong. It will work. All you need to do for reassurance of that is read all the testiments of the ladies and gents on here. So pick the phone up and do it now.
Why don't you have a bypass now and then you would never wonder if a bypass would have been better for you?

Lynne x

I think if you believe this is the absolute last chance and you don't have faith in yourself to succeed then it's understandable to be worried about wether to go for it or not.
I felt the same, I also have learnt along the way to fix my old food related problems so I get the most out of the band.

I can only really give a viewpoint of a band from someone who would have been given a bypass on the NHS but I didn't get help and so I had the band rather than continue killing myself with food.

I have learnt through some trial and error how to overcome having a sweet tooth, emotional eating/cravings with a band and still lose weight overall.

The one thing I would say if you go for a band is:
Get a plan of action...best advice? Join rosemary conley/weight watchers as soon as you can eat solids again.

Find an exercise you enjoy that you can realistically do every day consistantly.

Do not for one moment be under the illusion that ANY wls works magically all by itself. Bypassers don't all dump and some regain a few years down the line. It is not the surgery type itself that guarantees success, it is the individuals long term commitment.

Have a bit more faith in your abilities, you can do more than you realise if you just put in a little effort every day and pick yourself up straight after a blip.

I just feel a bypass is too severe and i cant afford it at all.
I did consider all options, but band appealed to me more as i can stick to diets really well and do suceed (3 healthy meals per day and water) but a bypass just doesnt sit right with me if you know what i mean.

You hit the nail on the head my saying im battling with my inner mind...i know i can do this!

At 11am im going to pick up the phone and do it!

Good for you!!!!
I am going for a shower, then I am coming back on here to hopefully see a post from you saying you did it at 11.
Lynne x

Last edited:
We are still here even if you didn't manage to make that call today. Hope you are ok.
Lynne x

Back