• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel so upset

ilovemy5babies

hi everyone
hope everyones ok
i just rang the pct and was told i shouldnt of even of been sent to salford royal and they ve changed the way it works, its not upto salford to say if i get the bypass, its upto a weight management team
so what i was told by salford doesnt count now and i have wont be having my op unless the wwt say so
i have just sat and cried my eyes out i finally thought after everything ive been through i was getting somewhere
anyone else go to the wwt and if so do you know what happens ?
thanks vic xxx

Ohh Vic, sorry you are upset. Bless you. Hang on in there.
Sounds like a lack of communication, but don't be disheartened, it just means that you will have to wait a little bit longer.
I truely believe that things happen for a reason. Be strong xxx

I can completely relate. That sounds like what may have happened with me as well. It really knocks the wind out of you. Just know that you and I will keep fighting them and will get our surgeries!

thanks hun
thats how i feel like the wind has been knocked out of me, i thought all i was waiting for now was the funding
we ll keep fighting though xx

Oh dear another example of PCT's not knowing their own procedures. Hope you get to see the WMT soon x

Really sorry you've had this setback hun, but don't give up now. keep fighting for the op :D:D

So sorry it has been rough for you hun, :(. Sounds like you might need to make some calls. Start with your GP and see if they can find out if you have been referred to the wmt. After you find out if you have been referred then next would be a call to them and ask about when you will be seen and how long the process takes. I was sent to weight management before I saw the consultant & surgeon. It is all a 'process' and is in place to 'help' you but it is very frustrating I know first hand. Chin up though hun, you just take this time to do all the research you can and work on whatever 'head issues' you might have so that when you get your surgery you will be a fantastic success story!

Nic:D

Similar thing happened to me. I was referred by gp to the hospital...waited 8 weeks for an app. and when I rung up was told my referral had been cancelled and to go back to gp to be re-referred to a weight management team.

Dont lose hope, all pct are different but all in all its taken a year for me, including the 8 weeks wasted, but Ive now had my surgery.

Keep your chin up :)

Sorry to hear this has happened to you......It's a nightmare journey at times because every PCT is different and every hospital is different.....Up and down the entire country nothing seems to be very consistent, and in my opinion it should be.

Don't let it get you down too much, keep fighting on.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

thanks so much, ive just phoned the drs and booked in with the dr that sent me to salford because she thought that was right and shes very supportive so hopefully she will refer me quickly
i really appriecate all your replys and support
cheers girls xx

Hi Vic
Sorry to hear you've been up set by the PCT hun Keep fighting it and you`ll get there . Its a good job you phoned today because you would of been waiting for them to get back to you , but now you can start by seeing your Dr . Ask her can your notes be faxed through as it would be faster than the post . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

after i asked gp to refare me my first apointment was with weight managment team, she told me it was just part of the procedia you need to do to get your funding. you normally see them for 6months but she was great and fast tracked me streight to dr new at salford royal. not got my date yet but i have been told im near top of list.

Sorry you've had bad news today sweetheart. Hang on in there and your time will soon come round. Don't let this little blip upset you. Its all part of the weight loss surgery journey. I know it sucks but its the way some PCT's work and you just have to work with them to show you're committed to losing weight. Good luck with the weight management team. xxGaynorxx

Back