• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

Hey. Another year and another update from me. Can’t believe it was over 5.5 years ago I had my bypass! I am promoted to come on here today as it is the sixth anniversary of the day I decided to have my life-changing surgery. I am posting a kind of before and after photo of my journey with contouring and strength training. The photo on the right is me at my lowest weight - approx 10 months after my WLS. There is no disguising how ‘feeble’ I look (and felt) in the scary time when I found myself urself stepping on the scales and hoping I had NOT lost any more weight. Messes with your head. The photo on the left is me now after 18months+ consistent strength training (free weights and functional classes) to define my body and burn any excess fat. Previously I was doing lots of high intensity stuff which is great cardio but rubbish on knees which carried a second person around for 50 years!! Yes I am 10kg heavier now than I was in summer 2014 but strong is the new skinny! I feel much more the person I was always meant to be. If any of you struggle with the gym thing I would honestly say that avoiding the tedious and ineffectual cardio machines and head to the free weights and rig areas, coupled with resistence machines 3-5 times a week. It has worked for me. And it is very empowering - after 50 we lose 1% of our strength every year and getting lifting can slow that deconditioning down. Fierce at 55 !

In other news, last June I had a full abdominal hysterectomy and opted for a double procedure using the same incision to have an abdominoplasty. I was three months away from training but am back at it, stronger than ever.

That’s enough from me. I really hope all you losers are doing well, and those of you contemplating WLS find this forum as awesome as I did when I started my journey back in the summer of 2013. Love and light to you all xxx

Thanks for posting your update. It's so refreshing to see long tremors who are still doing well. I detest cardio and mostly lift weights. Its amazing how it tightens your body and makes you look healthier. Congratulations on becoming stronger as well as slimmer. You look fab.x

Hey. Another year and another update from me. Can’t believe it was over 5.5 years ago I had my bypass! I am promoted to come on here today as it is the sixth anniversary of the day I decided to have my life-changing surgery. I am posting a kind of before and after photo of my journey with contouring and strength training. The photo on the right is me at my lowest weight - approx 10 months after my WLS. There is no disguising how ‘feeble’ I look (and felt) in the scary time when I found myself urself stepping on the scales and hoping I had NOT lost any more weight. Messes with your head. The photo on the left is me now after 18months+ consistent strength training (free weights and functional classes) to define my body and burn any excess fat. Previously I was doing lots of high intensity stuff which is great cardio but rubbish on knees which carried a second person around for 50 years!! Yes I am 10kg heavier now than I was in summer 2014 but strong is the new skinny! I feel much more the person I was always meant to be. If any of you struggle with the gym thing I would honestly say that avoiding the tedious and ineffectual cardio machines and head to the free weights and rig areas, coupled with resistence machines 3-5 times a week. It has worked for me. And it is very empowering - after 50 we lose 1% of our strength every year and getting lifting can slow that deconditioning down. Fierce at 55 !

In other news, last June I had a full abdominal hysterectomy and opted for a double procedure using the same incision to have an abdominoplasty. I was three months away from training but am back at it, stronger than ever.

That’s enough from me. I really hope all you losers are doing well, and those of you contemplating WLS find this forum as awesome as I did when I started my journey back in the summer of 2013. Love and light to you all xxx
Great to hear from you and you look fabulous xxx

Amazing so pleased you came back to share xx

Hey. Another year and another update from me. Can’t believe it was over 5.5 years ago I had my bypass! I am prompted to come on here today as it is the sixth anniversary of the day I decided to have my life-changing surgery. I am posting a kind of before and after photo of my journey with contouring and strength training. The photo on the right is me at my lowest weight - approx 10 months after my WLS. There is no disguising how ‘feeble’ I look (and felt) in the scary time when I found myself stepping on the scales and hoping I had NOT lost any more weight. Messes with your head. The photo on the left is me now after 18months+ consistent strength training (free weights and functional classes) to define my body and burn any excess fat. Previously I was doing lots of high intensity stuff four or fives times a week which is great cardio and fat burn, but rubbish with the impact on my knees which carried a second person around for 50 years!! Yes I am 10kg heavier now than I was in summer 2014 but strong is the new skinny! I feel much more the person I was always meant to be. If any of you struggle with the gym thing I would honestly say that avoiding the tedious and ineffectual cardio machines and head to the free weights and rig areas, coupled with resistence machines 3-5 times a week. It has worked for me. And it is very empowering - after 50 we lose 1% of our strength every year and getting lifting can slow that deconditioning down. Fierce at 55 !

Hey. Another year and another update from me. Can’t believe it was over 5.5 years ago I had my bypass! I am prompted to come on here today as it is the sixth anniversary of the day I decided to have my life-changing surgery. I am posting a kind of before and after photo of my journey with contouring and strength training. The photo on the right is me at my lowest weight - approx 10 months after my WLS. There is no disguising how ‘feeble’ I look (and felt) in the scary time when I found myself stepping on the scales and hoping I had NOT lost any more weight. Messes with your head. The photo on the left is me now after 18months+ consistent strength training (free weights and functional classes) to define my body and burn any excess fat. Previously I was doing lots of high intensity stuff four or fives times a week which is great cardio and fat burn, but rubbish with the impact on my knees which carried a second person around for 50 years!! Yes I am 10kg heavier now than I was in summer 2014 but strong is the new skinny! I feel much more the person I was always meant to be. If any of you struggle with the gym thing I would honestly say that avoiding the tedious and ineffectual cardio machines and head to the free weights and rig areas, coupled with resistence machines 3-5 times a week. It has worked for me. And it is very empowering - after 50 we lose 1% of our strength every year and getting lifting can slow that deconditioning down. Fierce at 55 !

It’s great to hear from people so far into the journey, you’ve done incredibly well not just the weight loss but the qualification too, glad you’ve recovered from your more frequent surgery too, you do look fantasti, thank you for updating us xx

Hiya, thanks for coming back and sharing with us. You look in fantastic shape. It's so good to see long termers still rocking it x

You look incredible! It’s so nice to see updates from years out and know that it’s possible to keep the weight off if you keep at it. Best of luck with the strength training!

Hello folks. It's been ten years (last July) since my Gastric Bypass and I am now 60 years old. Just wanted to jump on here to say hi to anyone who remembers me - and also hi to those who don't but find this update in their feed. I went from 118kg to 69kg in nine months. I have been stable at 75kg (size 12-14) for a number of years now - at 69kg I was feeling feeble and looked it, and was wearing a size 8-10. I have always exercised even at my biggest and three years ago moved my training to CrossFit and Olympic Weightlifting in the hope I would build more muscle rather than fat burn (as I didn't have much of that left tbh). I am posting a recent holiday photo to show what a 60 year old bypasser can achieve. One thing I would say is that fantastic as the CrossFit challenge is for building muscle and confidence, with a bypass, appropriate nutrition and supplements are even more important - the body and neuro system cannot perform on empty. All love to you all - you are amazing! K xx

October 2023.jpg

Hello folks. It's been ten years (last July) since my Gastric Bypass and I am now 60 years old. Just wanted to jump on here to say hi to anyone who remembers me - and also hi to those who don't but find this update in their feed. I went from 118kg to 69kg in nine months. I have been stable at 75kg (size 12-14) for a number of years now - at 69kg I was feeling feeble and looked it, and was wearing a size 8-10. I have always exercised even at my biggest and three years ago moved my training to CrossFit and Olympic Weightlifting in the hope I would build more muscle rather than fat burn (as I didn't have much of that left tbh). I am posting a recent holiday photo to show what a 60 year old bypasser can achieve. One thing I would say is that fantastic as the CrossFit challenge is for building muscle and confidence, with a bypass, appropriate nutrition and supplements are even more important - the body and neuro system cannot perform on empty. All love to you all - you are amazing! K xx

View attachment 21883
Wow, you look incredible, it’s really is so good to here from you and see just how well you have done, unfortunately I’ve had to quit the gym due to I’ll health and have to say I really do miss it, I enjoyed a healthy mixture of cardio and weights. Thank you so much for updating and keeping in touch.
take care and keep up the great work x

Back