• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - Am I doing this right??

ceejay

Hi all :wavey:
I was sleeved 3 weeks ago today, and wondered if I could give an example of my daily diet, would someone please tell me how I'm doing... too much, too little, etc.
Breakfast - 1 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and sweetener
Lunch - almost half tin of soup (todays was Baxters lentil and bacon)
Dinner - pureed home made roast dinner - pork fillets with carrots, swede, caulflower, broccoli, mushy peas and potatoes withy gravy. (equivalent amount to half tin of soup)
Snack - either petit filous yoghurt, snack pot of custard or something similar. Milky drink at bedtime, usually Ovaltine.
I manage around a litre of nas juice a day and manage to wait 30mins after eating.
The reason for me asking is that I'm fine... I feel full with this amount, but have had no sickness, nothing seems to stick, etc. but I sometimes think I feel ravenous before mealtimes. I'm not sure if this is hunger (don't think I ever got hungry before!) or is it something else :confused:...? I weighed in at 16st 10lbs the day before I started my pre-op diet. I only needed to do it 4 days before surgery. I now weigh 15st 11lbs almost 4 weeks from that weigh-in.
I really appreciate any feedback as I'm not sure if I should be losing more, less, eating correctly... Aaarggh!! :argh:
Lol. Thanks in advance. xx

Hi Ceejay, We all achieve our loss in different ways. So I'd say your losing weight, not feeling tired or dehydrated so it would appear your doing fine to me. Victoria x

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I was having too much, to be honest. Then I thought maybe not enough causing the hunger feeling....
Thanks for the replies.

Ceejay,
Protein helps stop hunger pangs as we need 60g of protein a day with that I struggle to get in 1000cals a day but then I'm on a high protein low carb diet with a lot of exercise. Victoria x

Hi
I found it wasnt until around the 3 month mark that the removal of the ghrelin hormone really kicked in, as in my appetite really reduced. I was back to eating a normal diet by then and the dense protein i was eating was really filling me up and lasting a long time. Its early days for you and takes time to start working properly.
I could go all day not eating as the appetite is just not there but i do make sure i eat little and often even if i dont want to. Keep on doing what your doing it will start to change as the weeks go on.

Kim

Back