• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling negative

sheffieldamanda

Hi guys, I'm approaching week 3 post op gastric sleeve & suddenly I'm feeling really negative. I'm worried I'm eating too much ( still on purees) that the sleeve hasn't worked, that I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week (my scales are broken, so just going by how my clothes are fitting). The first 2 weeks I felt so excited & hopeful, but I seem to have hit this funk. I keep looking at my body in the mirror & looking for signs I've lost more weight but I can't see it. In the back of my mind I'm so worried the sleeve 'won't work' for me as nothing has before & I don't see the weight dropping off as quickly as I'd hoped. I'm just in a right funk & would appreciate some reassurance & a good talking to!

I'm sure it is working..time will tell, it's harder at first if you can see it on the scales I think. Just stick with your rules and the stages, get the protein in, drink that water and good luck. It's a lifetime commitment but if you stick with it I'm sure the inches will soon be dropping off.

Keep on doing what you are doing, it will come off remember this is a marathon not a sprint, its good that your scales is broken as they only show part of the shrinkage, have you been taking measurements as you may find you are losing inches :)

Keep on doing what you are doing, it will come off remember this is a marathon not a sprint, its good that your scales is broken as they only show part of the shrinkage, have you been taking measurements as you may find you are losing inches :)

I'm not measuring yet...maybe I'll hunt out my tape measure & start recording.

It's a long journey with ups and downs your body has just gone through a total shock
It has times were you just don't lose anymore but it will start again
Take it easy and don't worry you'll be fine

Hi guys, I'm approaching week 3 post op gastric sleeve & suddenly I'm feeling really negative. I'm worried I'm eating too much ( still on purees) that the sleeve hasn't worked, that I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week (my scales are broken, so just going by how my clothes are fitting). The first 2 weeks I felt so excited & hopeful, but I seem to have hit this funk. I keep looking at my body in the mirror & looking for signs I've lost more weight but I can't see it. In the back of my mind I'm so worried the sleeve 'won't work' for me as nothing has before & I don't see the weight dropping off as quickly as I'd hoped. I'm just in a right funk & would appreciate some reassurance & a good talking to!

Take one day at a time..I think we all have our moments...I asked myself "what the hell have I done" in the first few weeks.
Its a long distant memory...you'll get there,just don't put too much pressure on yourself,or you'll get yourself in a state.

You can find all the support you need here. There are probably many that have felt the same way. Stay positive.

Chin up Amanda. If you are doing what your provider told you then you don't need to worry, it will come off. Weight loss is rarely linear and you've just had surgery - which is a shock to your body and you need some time to readjust. If you think back to dieting, which I'm sure you've done, you'll remember that you hit plateaus where you're doing the right thing but weight doesn't seem to come off. That's the point many of us quit the diet - but if we manage to keep on that plateau is often followed by a 'whoosh'. This time you have the surgery to help you and you don't have to worry about quitting - the 'whoosh' will come.

I think it's probably natural to worry that you'll be that exception where it doesn't work. I bet you're not though ;-)

Thanks everyone. I am a bit hormonal which always affects my mood. I know I am doing all the right things & actually the weight is coming off ( I bought some new scales which seem consistent). And I'm very much enjoying this group for info & support so I'm sure it was just a wobble!

Back