• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Blue... or that Green ..

Yoyo-nomore

Ever since I read the thread on average weight loss per week I've been in a total jealous depressed funk.

How can it be that everyone else post bypass is losing stones in weeks and I'm losing 4 pounds a month?

Even worse, have spent whole day looking into the frige looking for consolation...

Feeling glum
yoyo
x
:(

Ever since I read the thread on average weight loss per week I've been in a total jealous depressed funk.

How can it be that everyone else post bypass is losing stones in weeks and I'm losing 4 pounds a month?

Even worse, have spent whole day looking into the frige looking for consolation...

Feeling glum
yoyo
x

Hi yoyo,

It is natural from time to time to hit plateau's where your weight seems to stall a bit for a few weeks but it will pick up again.

If you have been keeping a track of your body measurements you will probably notice that the inches are still coming off.

Not everyone fits neatly into the definition of average...so you are always going to have people who lose more than you or less than you.

Many factors come into play in how weight comes off.

Some of the factors that determines how your weight comes off is metabolism, mobility, height, age and whether you are a man or a woman as men in general lose faster...

We all have our own unique way of losing weight and I see from your weight tracker you are doing very well.

You have lost 3st. 5lb in three and half months and that is averaging out at roughly a stone a month.

Love Mini xxx

Hi there,

Not a bypasser but just wanted to say any loss is good, and if you compare yourself to others it makes it harder.

The only question I can ask is what do you eat on average per day?

Are you getting enough protein, fluid and exercise?

Don't be jealous of others be proud of yourself. :)

My bariatric team told me that the normal expected weight loss is roughly a stone a month which is what you are averaging so I wouldn't worry if I was you.

Feeling glum
yoyo
x
yo-yo please dont be glum we all envy things we think we should be getting or having , i envy you you have had the surgery your fit and well and you have lost nearly three and a half stone wow i wish that was me, but its not but i know one day it will . You may go at a steady rate all the way where as others slow down dont be hard on yourself your doing great x

Stop beating yourself up! You are three and a half stone lighter, thats 49lbs which is nearly a whole sack of spuds........

How much would you have lost by now without the surgery?

Even if you think its going slow it is at least still going down. Make sure your doing all you can fluid wise and diet wise and be glad for the losses...

Keep at it, you'll get there xx

Don't beat yourself up about it hun:eek:I know for a fact that I am retaining a lot of water still from after the op, but have lost inches off waist, boobs and legs:DYou are doing fine x;)

Look at what everyone is saying and believe it! You have lost weight and you BMI is going down.
My loss has slowed down now, and I seem to lose one or 2 pounds per week.
Relatively speaking i think I haven't had so much to lose than some others so I wonder whether the less you have to lose the slower it becomes?
Just a thought that I've been considering. In percentages though, I have lost almost 50% of the weight I want to.
Don't worry, just keep going.
Also even if you graze post bypass there is no way you can eat the quantities eaten before surgery! x x

What a shame that you are feeling so blue over this - it really is an individual thing - call your nurse for some advice if you need more confirmation! I am just 9 days post op, and while I lost 8.5lb by the Monday after the Op (which was a Tues) I have lost nothing since, but I have been so busy I have barely managed anything other than fluids - I am not bothered, what will be will be...also I have gone down a jeans size in the last fortnight so I know my body is changing.

My husband took the scales off me this morning after I got on them and remarked that I hadn't lost a pound since Monday. He has locked them in the garage.

You have had a really good loss curve and will do again - it's all peaks and troughs hun! :)

What a shame that you are feeling so blue over this - it really is an individual thing - call your nurse for some advice if you need more confirmation! I am just 9 days post op, and while I lost 8.5lb by the Monday after the Op (which was a Tues) I have lost nothing since, but I have been so busy I have barely managed anything other than fluids - I am not bothered, what will be will be...also I have gone down a jeans size in the last fortnight so I know my body is changing.

My husband took the scales off me this morning after I got on them and remarked that I hadn't lost a pound since Monday. He has locked them in the garage.

You have had a really good loss curve and will do again - it's all peaks and troughs hun! :)

Jeans.... What are those? See now I'm jealous of how many people here can wear jeans. It'll be ages before I'm in a pair. Maybe I should set that as one of my goals...lol

Just had a thought. Maybe the people on the other thread had a lot more to lose in the first place. I know I have, I'm a lot bigger than you YoYo and they say the bigger you are the quicker it comes off.

I'm sure I read on here that after a year the average was only 2lbs a week! Fits and starts make some weeks/months better than others, but in the end it was only 2lbs a week!
You are going great guns, keep up the good work
love and hugs

Your doing great yo-yo dont be too hard on yourself, we are all different and such will all lose differently, but as Bonita says you are averaging what you should so no problem.
Smile your winning

Jay xx

Back