• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling the pinch!

ditzeeblonde

Hi Guys

I'm nearly 10 weeks post op & have been very lucky with no real problems but the last couple of days I have been having a pain under my rib cage on the right handside & feeling real restriction when drinking water again, plus pains in my lower back (kind of kidney area)

I've not had any real issues with food but feel a real tightness across my tummy (inside iykwim) so I thought I'd perhaps take it a bit easy on my pouch & only had soup for lunch.

Is this normal that restriction can waiver & that you can almost take a step backwards with pouch restriction?

Will call my team tomorrow but wondered if anyone can offer some words of wisdom to my ramblings..:D

ThanQ. xx

My restriction can fluctuate from day to day Linzi. Today everything I eat feels like I ate too much. Other days I seem to be able to eat much more.

Im the same too, some days I think theres something wrong as I can hardly fit anything in lol. Other days I feel I can fit too much in.......no rhyme or reason to it! XX

I agree with DC & Karen, I know I'm not a long post-op as you, but it can really vary day by day how much I can manage to eat, or how 'well' I feel I can stomach food...I guess it's still quite early days yet in the grand scheme of things xxx

i have hungry days and not hungry d ays, i suppose in the long run, it balances itself out. i dont push myself if i dont feel hungry, i just try to drink more, so at least im getting fluids, cos you can guarantee that very soon, i will feel hungry.

Glad you are all the same as me. I have days when I think 'this cant be right' I cant eat hardly anything. Then days when most food goes down fine. I have had a bad day today - could not manage a weetabix for breakfast then ate the middle of 1/4 of a chicken mayo sandwich for lunch with four hula hoops and a nas ribena then for evening had homemade sweet and sour chicken and only managed one piece of chicken less than one inch square before I felt awful and had to stand doing my arms above the head stretching and rocking to get it to go down properly. Then I gave up. Dont now fancy anything else today.

Pouch feels decidedly hard and annoyed tonight!!

Restriction varies day to day for me Linzi, some days doesn't feel like any at all. Take care with any pain though it could also be gall stones, tummy bug. Not meaning to frighten you but need to consider all probs if it doesn't settle and your team solutions don't touch it pop to the docs

M

Back