• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm embarrassed & a complete idiot!!!!!

The thing is though, I wish I could explain it properly, you don't look at food the same as you did before the op. At least I don't. It's just not that important in my life any more.

Where before I used to be thinking what take-a-way I could have after work, now I think what exercise or what activity I can do after catching something to eat quickly.

I see many threads on people hoping they can eat this or that after the op. I'll just say wait till after. Then think about it.

Give me a plate of meat before and I'd be happy. Now, I can't stomach meat at all. The thought of eating it now is enough to turn my stomach. The only time I can have it is in something like stews or slices.

It's good to see people are more aware though about what they eat and that they are learning from their mistakes. It's very easy to relax, as I did a couple of weeks ago, and dumped for the first time 15 months post op.

Thanks everyone for commenting! Its amazing how much better I felt for 'fessing up!!

Yesterday was a good day & my little tummy feels a bit less tender this morning. Still planning on plenty of fluids & have some nice meals planned for today, still can't get my head round why I chose toast I don't even like it, but I'm not beating myself up about it anymore I'm just making sure I'm learning from it!

Thanks again for being so gentle on me about messing up.. promise to be a good example from now on! :D

Oh I do hope I get like Mixman and think more about the rest of my life than food! I was dreadful pre op - not an emotional overeater but a boredom grazer (not to be honest that i have much time to be bored) - but whenever I was working on the computer or doing housework I would always be thinking about what I could eat next! To be thinking about going for a walk, swimming or doing something else instead must be quite uplifting!:D

Oh I do hope I get like Mixman and think more about the rest of my life than food! I was dreadful pre op - not an emotional overeater but a boredom grazer (not to be honest that i have much time to be bored) - but whenever I was working on the computer or doing housework I would always be thinking about what I could eat next! To be thinking about going for a walk, swimming or doing something else instead must be quite uplifting!:D

you sound a bit like me...a boredom eater,and I hope food will never control my boredom again!!

Back