• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fills

Mis, you will know when you're restriction is enough- honestly. ( Btw, I'm just off to the airport in case you were wondering!!)
When it is tight enough your food will stop you feeling hunger for a longer time. It won't stop you eating anything really, so calorie counting is a good way of portion control because, tbh, I could eat hundreds even now. But I find if I stop at a small portion it will 'hold' my hunger for a lot longer than it would have before.
The other thing is that you fill levels will depend on who your provider is & what type of band you have. Every one of them is different and yours sounds like mine in that they will only do it slowly. 0.5ml max at a time which takes FOREVER!!!!!! Honestly, I've only really had good restriction since my last fill on 12th FEB ( my 5th fill!) and I was banded last July. Its not as fast as some folk on here but thats just the way it is I suppose with my provider. Its frustrating. But you will get there.

Thanks Mrs Pill and a wonderful time xxx

0.25 in today....barely seems bothering with but I'm sure I'll notice once back eating solids!

Let's just face it we are all different and are doing it differently too... I want to get to goal ASAP and will do what I can with the best of my willpower to achieve this. Others are out for the longer journey and that's fine if it suits them too. Either way we will all get there at some point! So keep going all of you at whatever pace you choose and relax and enjoy!!!

I'm not offended Mis, just saying that I think the calorie counting helps and I'm trying not to get hung up on my fills. I could eat a plateful of food too and could pick all day if I didn't calorie count aswell. I think I am at the stage now (7ml in a 10ml band) where the band helps me not feel so hungry in between meals, the reason I could snack is habit rather than hunger. I thought that I would have the band, eat tiny meals and that was that. Even though I thought I read about it I didn't realise that it would take me from last May (that's May!) until now to get to grips with it all with the tiny bites, protein etc etc and only the last month or so I have been losing weight on a regular basis.

I too have terrible willpower and paid £6k for my band and at times I have cried and thought why have I bothered - I have only lost just over 3 stones since banded, some other people have lost twice as much if not more in the same period. I guess we are destined to lose it slowly but we will get there in the end if we stick at it. Can I ask his much you have in your band and what size it is? Do you have regular appointments and fills? I went to Dolan Park last month and hadn't been since August as just seemed too busy but I realise now I should have kept my monthly appointments.

Take care

Sharon

I had my third fill on 25th Feb and it took me to 6.75 ml in 10 ml band. Ll ring them to schedule my next one as I am not waiting end of April for next fill

It didn't flipping happen hospital got my appt wrong! Wasn't amused BUT I have one definately tomorrow really need it as no weight loss now for a month!!!!

What does the barium taste like???? Xx

Thanks for all your comments ladies!

Well I had my very first fill today.........
It was horrible!!!!! SIX TIMES the surgeon tried to find the port with no success... Then I had to go into hospital and have a CT scan because the surgeon thought the port had flipped over. So whilst in the CT machine another surgeon found the port and was able to put in 5mls so now my band is half full!

Well done on getting your first fill xx

Thanks for all your comments ladies!

Well I had my very first fill today.........
It was horrible!!!!! SIX TIMES the surgeon tried to find the port with no success... Then I had to go into hospital and have a CT scan because the surgeon thought the port had flipped over. So whilst in the CT machine another surgeon found the port and was able to put in 5mls so now my band is half full!

That just sounds like you were unlucky with your first surgeon, as the 2nd one found the port easily enough. Don't let this experience put you off having another fill if/when you need it.

Stick to the liquids for however long your provider instructs ( I expect they vary 'down-under' just as much as they vary this side of the world).

Good luck!

The surgeon forgot to tell me what I need to do :/

In that case stay on liquids only until you manage to contact them to clarify what you should do. Does none of the literature you've already been given tell you the post-fill diet requirements?

Nope got nothing. I'm going to ring them today and see why I'm feeling so nauseated today I've had to take the day off work

For me I was told to do post op routine over a week...liquid 2/3 days, then mushy, until your on solids by end of the week.just listen to your band and if you struggle go back on soup etc for couple of days to let swelling ho down

I rang them and they said no liquid/pureed stage at all, continue eating normally just be more careful with your chewing an portion size

Strange they have always told me liquids for a few days then mushy?
Good luck you will defiantly notice a difference x

That sounds wrong to me. It's always meant to be fluids straight after a fill. Everything I've read from every provider says that.

I'd definitely do fluids for a few days to let it settle.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck then. Did they explain why you might be feeling nauseated?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Turns out I have two middle ear infections! So a round of antibiotics will clear it up and stop the nausea

Back