• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port

I went for my weigh in last week and have an appointment booked for my first fill in a fortnight. Whilst there i asked the nurse where my port is as Id been fiddling around and couldn't find it. She said that it's in my band itself and she'll be injecting straight into the band.
All the info i have looked at has shown a port down on the side of the tummy a little bit away from the band. Does anyone else have one like mine and please could you tell me how the fills were?
:)

Hello there, in my nearly 2 years of being a bander I have never heard of anyone being filled directly into the band!!! Surely if she was to do this it would puncture the band and cause you leakage ( just thinking out loud here as I have never heard of this procedure b4 ) Maybe someone else can shed some light on this procedure ( it could be a new one perhaps) Wishing you all the best Julie xxx

Thanks for your reply Julie, that's exactly what i was thinking! I wonder if I just got in a muddle and my port is on top of my band or right next to it or something. i guess i'll have to be patient and wait and see.

Thanks for your reply Julie, that's exactly what i was thinking! I wonder if I just got in a muddle and my port is on top of my band or right next to it or something. i guess i'll have to be patient and wait and see.
hi i hope you get it sorted out i'm sure they know what they are doing.

Hi my port is a the top of my tum, just about inbetween my "saggy" breasts. all the operations that ive seen on tv seem to have the port lower down on the side of the tum. so maybe yours is like mine which will be closer to the band itself. ive not had a fill yet but going next week to the hosp and hope to get one then. good luck and im sure they know what they are doing. Hx

my dr told me its directly behind my largest scar just below my rib cage.
i really cant understand why she would tell you something like that:confused:

sunny69 said:
my dr told me its directly behind my largest scar just below my rib cage.
i really cant understand why she would tell you something like that:confused:

Mine is there too sunny. As I am losing weight I can feel it quite easy if I press. Must admit I've never heard of not having a port.

Can't help as mine is below my bans to the left but wanted to wish you good luck xxx

Thanks. Always wondered what it felt like.
I need to decide which surgery I want. Started with the band but now it's looking like a bypass. Was really curious about the fills though.
Thanks

Back